Requisition Number: CAMPU01062
Purpose of Position
We’re seeking a results-driven campus strategist for a specialized social listening agency that empowers colleges and universities to find and analyze conversations that matter, seize every engagement opportunity, and develop data-informed strategies. The strategist is equally focused on client needs and committed to data-driven recommendations based on robust analysis. Our clients are leaders on college campuses and often work in marketing/communications, admissions/enrollment management, or advancement/alumni relations.
The strategist will manage a portfolio of campus clients and projects ranging from custom research projects to ongoing partnership support. It will be your job to establish the strategic vision with your clients, design an appropriate social listening plan with our research team, translate social listening data analysis into actionable, strategic insights for clients, and consult on appropriate implementation strategies. You will also contribute strategic insights to industry-level research and reporting. You will have a keen eye to spot opportunities and leverage relationships to grow our business, while continually advancing the higher education industry’s use of social insights to drive strategy.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the hiring manager directly with questions related to the strategist role, the company, or the culture. Cover letters are strongly recommended to include with your application. We will accept applications through March 12, 2021.
Questions about this position should be directed to Beth Miller, Client Success Manager, email@example.com.
Campus Sonar is headquartered in Madison, WI. Regardless of applicant location, this will be a work-from-home position for the balance of 2021 at least, and travel is currently suspended because of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Permanent remote employees will also be considered.
The salary range for this position starts at $71,000.
Client Success and Relationship Management
- Serve as the main point of contact and advocate for assigned clients, ensuring that ongoing communication flows effectively.
- Develop relationships with clients that allow you to understand their key strategic priorities, and recommend social listening analysis that can provide valuable insight.
- Ensure clients get maximum value from our products and services.
- Consistently monitor the industry and provide updates to clients on trends and relevant news.
- Execute customer retention strategies using marketing and sales techniques.
- Identify and share client success stories with the Client Success Manager.
Client Project Management
- Manage and coordinate client projects and take an active role in planning to completion, ensuring that client deliverables are strategically aligned and support client goals.
- Identify and manage communication frequency and type for each client.
- Develop and implement project and partnership timelines for promised work.
- Coordinate the execution of client work with appropriate internal resources (i.e., Analyst, Research Manager, Marketing, Account Executive).
- Partner with assigned Analysts to deliver high-quality social listening research, including actionable insights that draw a connection between data analysis, client strategic objectives, and knowledge of the higher education industry.
- Manage changes in timelines appropriately and communicate them to the client and team.
- Responsible for final review and quality control of client deliverables and troubleshooting problems, using excellent writing and editing skills, as well as a keen understanding of the appropriate social listening approach for client work.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate Campus Sonar’s thought leadership in the higher education space and in social media intelligence and insights, including but not limited to, publishing articles in industry publications and presenting on relevant topics at industry conferences and events.
- Develop and present case studies and white papers of interest to the higher education community, including insights into student behavior and strategic campus outcomes.
- Develop and present expertise on specific research methodologies and practices, including social listening.
- Assist Marketing and Communications with development of content for our websites, collateral, and communications that demonstrate our thought leadership in higher education.
Actionable Information and Communications
- Determine the best way to present and share research findings.
- Oversee creation of consistently high-quality and actionable deliverables to campus clients, including research summaries and presentations that highlight key insights.
- Edit Analyst reports for grammar, formatting, and clarity.
- Relying on higher education industry expertise, add actionable strategic insights and recommendations to all deliverables.
- Present research findings and actionable strategic insights clearly and concisely to campus clients through business writing, online presentations, or in-person presentations.
- Communicate data and findings in a way that is easy to read and understand.
- Exhibit progressively increasing strategic understanding of social listening and social data analysis best practices, the needs of the higher education community and other related audiences, and Campus Sonar products and services.
- Exhibit progressively increasing leadership and business development skills.
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities to further hone skill sets and leadership ability.
- Attend industry conferences, up to 10% travel.
- Develop strong partnerships with Campus Sonar peers, as well as those in operational areas of the company.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree in communications, marketing, leadership, or higher education/student affairs is preferred, but not required.
- Five or more years of professional higher education industry experience, preferably working in marketing, enrollment management, or advancement on a college campus.
- Prior experience working in an account management role is preferred, but not required.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, Office, and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of social media, social listening, and social intelligence is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in a variety of settings, including online meetings, research presentations, writing for industry publication, and public speaking.
- Innovation orientation; excited and energized to build something new that positively impacts the higher education industry.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment; equally comfortable working on a small team or independently.
- Can make new, creative connections between social listening data and campus operations with minimal training; ability to form and communicate a story from data
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, adjusting to shifting priorities, evolving standards, and a constantly changing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand complex information and make it more accessible to others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and accept constructive criticism with respect.
- Commitment to collaboration, including the ability to communicate, learn, and work as a positive member of a team. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization.