The Hilton Madison Monona Terrace is in search of a Line Cook to join our team!
We are looking for a candidate to join the culinary team with little to some experience in a kitchen environment. They will be expected to have basic knife skills, an understanding of sanitation, basic organizational skills, and have the ability to read and follow recipes.
- Prepare and cook food quickly and correctly following all required recipes and complete in a timely fashion.
- Correctly store food, use proper rotation and dating and labeling.
- Maintain sanitary standards, before, during, and after service.
- Prepare food for employee cafeteria if needed.
- Determine inventory of food items and requisition from storeroom.
- Set up equipment needed for preparation prior to service.
- Set up, breakdown, and all necessary advance prep for assigned station.
- Prepare all food items according to recipe specifications.
- Follow portions and procedures in stocks and sauces cold and hot (demi glaze, hollandaise, butter sauces, relish, and salsa)
- Make sure coolers are cleaned, organized and locked after work when finished.
- Notify manager of old meat before going bad.
- Maintain communication between the other cooks, wait staff and management.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Prepare banquet food if needed per schedule.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Follow instructions of manager
- Able to read orders from point of sale system.
- Completion of at least 1-2 years of kitchen experience.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment and food items.
- Basic knowledge of all kitchen stations.
- Understand the importance of assisting in the control of food waste.
- Knowledge of English Language
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work various shifts and days of the week
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance offered for eligible full time associates following 90 days of employment
- 401K available for eligible associates following 90 days of employment
- Paid vacation time for eligible associates following 1 year of employment
- Free meal per shift
- Free employee parking
- Discounts at Hilton Worldwide hotels and Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Discounted movie tickets
- Ability to transfer within the company
- We are dedicated to the advancement, training and education of our associates and support promotion from within Marcus Corporation
- We are an equal opportunity and drug free work place
- This organization participates in E-Verify