Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure and Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Grant Writer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI, Milwaukee, WI, or Madison, WI location.
- Manage the full grant life cycle including prospect identification, data and relationship management, cultivation, solicitation/grant submission, and stewardship
- Maintain and develop relationships with private, state, and federal grant managers
- Maintain and develop relationships with elected officials to secure support for funding initiatives and grant opportunities
- Manage grant submissions including working with key Foth members regarding grant deliverables, correspondence to grant funders, and maintaining updated grant documentation
- Properly track grant agency funding cycle and process for awarding
- Ensure accurate and timely tracking, and acknowledgement of, grant awards from individual grantors and private and corporate foundations
- Work with client team leaders and clients to understand and identify synergies with scope for potential funding of ports and harbors projects
- Support the creation of consistent, high quality collateral for both print and online (donor correspondence, annual report content, press releases, direct mail appeals, etc.) through collaboration with Foth team members and external stakeholders
- Maintain a comprehensive Grant Workplan for fiscal year, tracking all necessary aspects of pending and submitted grants
- Provide support to staff as grant proposal mentor and provide review and support to staff members as necessary on smaller grants
- Engage in educational opportunities to remain up to date on current grant writing trends and needs. Make pertinent grant industry information available to internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Ensure the accurate tracking of all grant-related revenues/expenses including receipts, correspondence, in-kind contributions, and supporting documentation
- Attend donor events and represent organization at community events
- Provide support for Development and Communications Department at key events
- Perform other duties as identified
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Two years of technical writing experience
- Two years of grant or proposal writing experience
- Willing and able to become registered lobbyist within two years
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with database management
- Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, and stewardship skills; ability to personally connect with, network, and engage diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend days
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team
- Flexible with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate multiple responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to organize, document, and manage multiple priorities
- Previous project management experience
- Web and social media a plus, as applied to fundraising and development
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.