Covance has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Operations Strategy and Planning to join the team anywhere within the United States working home or office based. The role will provide leadership on strategy development for CMA (Covance Market Access Services) & Phase IV Solutions opportunities. The S&P Director will own the end to end operational strategy across the opportunity assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accountable for confirming and developing the operational strategy
- Using an evidence-based approach, designs innovative, but practical and cost-efficient solutions for CMA & Phase IV Solutions opportunities
- Remains current with industry innovations so as to include relevant advances and technology into the design of project strategies
- Consults with internal SMEs and functional areas as appropriate to obtain opportunity specific text
- Prepares strategy content of the proposal and the executive summary
- Supports budget generation process
- Responsible for reviewing the content provided by all functions to ensure its appropriately tailored to the opportunity and aligns with the end to end strategy.
- Ensures project team understands the strategy and can articulate confidently in a Bid Defense Meeting
- Ensures that project team fully understands the strategy sold to the client and has all supporting documentation for the handover after a win.
University/College Degree required – advanced/postgraduate science degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of global drug development, the clinical trial management process, Medical Affairs and Real World Evidence Generation
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to lead teams in a corporate matrix environment
- Strong networking abilities and an ability to work with individuals across the globe
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to inspire, to lead by example and motivate teams to seek solutions and get results
- Thorough experience in full service clinical trial and observational study management
- Abilities to review/analyze relevant data so as to build evidence-based strategies
- Abilities to design/develop effective strategies to bring about project success, as defined by clients
- Strong Computer skills with an ability to understand and access and leverage technology alternatives
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
The Operational S&P Director should have a wealth of relevant clinical research experience in Biopharma/CRO as well as global project management experience.