Heights Finance Corporation is a leading consumer finance organization located in the Midwest with over 100 branches in six states. We are currently seeking a motivated, dependable, team oriented individual to join our team in the position of Credit Manager 1 in our Madison, WI location.
Heights Finance team members enjoy working in a growth-oriented company within an exciting industry, in a diverse work environment that offers great advancement opportunities, competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Credit Manager will assist the Branch Manager in all aspects of branch performance including lending, collecting, asset quality and profitability.
Some of the essential responsibilities are as follows:
Provide memorable and outstanding customer service:
- Ensure every interaction with each customer work in conjunction with creating a “raving fan“ experience
- Answer incoming phone calls in a timely manner and obtain appropriate information from customer in order to direct customer to appropriate team member within the branch
- Apply our Corporate Values in every transaction with customers
- Participate in training opportunities
Assists Branch Manager in all aspects of processing and closing loans:
- Process loan documentation and closes customer loans
- Process paperwork including but not limited to bankruptcy and/or attorney paperwork, ensure information is correct and deadlines are met
Support Branch Growth by:
- Generating loan applications by phone or counter solicitation (track results)
- Assist in processing RIC applications
- Promote credit insurance products and ancillary products
- Assist in marketing programs to obtain new customers
Support Delinquency Control:
- Review accounts to identify patterns, problems, broken promises
- Contact customers by phone, use active listening skills and empathy while asking the right questions to determine the situation, potential solutions, and payment resolution to bring account current and avoid charge off status
- Document attempts to contact, new information, and agreed upon payment options
- Use fact finding techniques to capture key information that locates the customer
Comply with Cash Control Procedures:
- Operates and balances cash drawer
- Post mail and counter payments
- Prepare daily deposit ticket and make bank deposits
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Prior customer service experience required
- Prior experience in collections is strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete drug, background and credit screenings.
Education/Experience: Associates Degree and/or equivalent work experience of six months to one year or a combination thereof
Heights Finance Corporation is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value the diversity of our employees and the benefit it brings to our company.