This position is responsible for center-wide operations and supervision of care and treatment plans, therapeutic activities for individuals and nursing care as directed by licensed practitioners; participation in the development of treatment plans, programs and unit rules, policies and procedures; supervision of assigned CNA's to assure performance of tasks, functions, and responsibilities necessary to assure appropriate individual care and active treatment in a clean, safe, and secure environment, in accordance with Federal, State, DHS, CWC, and unit policies and procedures; supervision, counseling, and evaluation of CNA's on assigned unit; assignment and coordination of direct care staff schedules and duties.
All applicants will be required to allow DHS to conduct a background check to determine whether the circumstances of any convictions may be related to the job being filled.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by CWC or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
Must obtain Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure within 12 months of appointment.
Minimally qualified applicants will have:
- Experience implementing new treatment and providing continual active treatment, care, safety, and monitoring programs for residents or clients in a 24/7 healthcare facility.
- Experience providing coaching, guidance, or training to other staff.
- Experience as a member of an interdisciplinary team (e.g., recognizing changes in the functioning of complex individuals, providing feedback, implementing programming, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Well-qualified applicants will have:
- Supervisory experience including: performance evaluations, assigning/reviewing work of subordinates, scheduling, interviewing or recommending hiring of staff, etc.
- Experience in a healthcare facility coaching, guiding, training, or supervising other staff.