Requisition Number: BILLI01521
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist in our Chicago, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Madison, Milwaukee, Phoenix or St. Louis office.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for assisting with the initiation and implementation of all aspects of the monthly client billing process, including processing and distribution of monthly pre-bills and preparing client invoices. Essential job functions include:
- Monthly Pre-Bill Distribution. Assist with all functions relating to processing and distributing monthly pre-bills including:
- E-mail/phone mail correspondence with outside offices to facilitate distribution efforts
- Printing and compiling pre-bills information for distribution
- Updating attorneys with any potential issues regarding the monthly pre-bill process
- Proofing information before distribution
- Client Billing. Assist with initiating and implementing of all aspects of the monthly client billing process including:
- Maintain telephone and personal contact with clients, attorneys and staff on billing matters
- Modify time and cost entries as directed
- Compile necessary back-up documentation per client billing guidelines
- Acquire and maintain proper approval documentation
- Print/mail or electronically submit client invoices.
- Internal/External Customer Service:
- Communicate with attorneys, clients or staff to address billing questions, as needed.
- Answer questions regarding billing processes and procedures.
- Assist with customized reporting requirements for internal/external clients.
- Utilize computerized accounting and billing software applications.
- Maintain contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Effectively prioritize numerous tasks and complete within designated time deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical activity of this position:
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The physical requirements of this position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Associate’s degree or combination of education and commensurate work experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or experience with accounting software.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
Compensation and Benefits
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full time base annual salary for this position in the Denver, CO market is expected to range between $52,000 – $75,000. Salaries in other markets will vary depending on market data. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full time employees receive benefits including: medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Husch Blackwell LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All of our firm’s recruiting, training and employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.