Requisition Number: LEADT01676
Lead Teller I - More than your Bank. Your Banker.
Monday - Friday, 40 hours
This is an entry level supervisory position that manages Teller associates in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Responsible for the efficient operation of the teller area. Ensures clients are served promptly and the Teller line balances at the end of each day. Provides leadership in delivery of consistent, predictable and exceptional client service and refers additional services and products to clients. Motivates and leads team to achieve goals and objectives. Assists Client Experience Manager with reports, meetings, and training. Confers with manager on all employment decisions. Partners with Client Experience Manager, Internal Control Specialist and Sales Management Banker to achieve service and sales goals of office. Works own Teller drawer.
Lead Teller I will manage a headcount of 3 or less associates.
All associates at Capital City Bank have access to confidential client information, and must practice discretion at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all supervisory responsibilities of Teller line. Works closely with HR on all associate relations issues.
- Manages within staffing module for office. Coordinates scheduling and hiring with Client Experience Manager.
- Responsible for new Teller training in the office, as well as continuation of ongoing training of Bank transaction policies and procedures. Complies with Lead Teller Check List, Teller Certification Check List, and Accountability Chart.
- Maintains Teller performance standards, ensuring adherence to standards, including investigating and reporting and tracking overage or shortages in accordance to internal policies and procedures.
- Approves checks for payment in excess of Teller limits, within specified authority.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of Office Capture.
- Resolves client problems presented for review by Tellers.
- Recognizes referral opportunities and acts on them accordingly. Coaches Tellers on same, using performance development coaching form.
- Prepares and conducts annual reviews for Tellers; makes salary recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with cash targets established for office through CETO system.
- Performs weekly/bi-weekly cash duties in compliance with procedures.
- Ensures adequacy of currency in ordering and balancing for office.
- Prepares assigned reports.
- Performs all principle duties and responsibilities of a Teller as needed.
Employer determines the essential functions of the job.
All associates must understand and adhere to the non-negotiable Banker Standards and commit to practicing SGNNT at all times. Associates will consistently follow policies and procedures as established by Capital City Bank, with department managers setting the standard.
- Attends Lead Teller meetings as required.
- May assist with night drop and placement of coins in vault.
- Provides additional support to manager and department colleagues.
- Completes all assigned/required Bank training within established timelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required:
The following KSAs are usually acquired through post high school education with specialized business training course(s) and 2 years supervisory or 1 year management experience.
- Effective management or supervisory practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact positively with clients, associates and business partners.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures, requiring some independent judgment.
- Demonstrable sales experience.
- Requires concentration to avoid mistakes in counting cash.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to print legibly and accurately on forms and records.
- Must have attained the age of 18 for coverage under insurance bond.
High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement. Some college preferred.
- Lobby/professional environment.
- Regular contact with clients, associates, Client Experience Manager, Internal Control Specialist, support staff and business partners.
- Lifting of heavy coins.
- Position requires standing, stooping, kneeling, and squatting.
- Receiving currency from all sources causes environment to be slightly unclean.
- In the rare instance of a major or extensive natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic occurrence, or other disruption within our footprint, it may be necessary for associates to relocate or telecommute before, during or after, to ensure business continuity.
Capital City Bank associates are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Stock Purchase
- Discounts on Products and Services
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free