Reliability Engineer DCS
22007761 Requisition #
Reliability Engineer DCS
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Scotties facial brand.
TheReliability Engineer DCS will be based out of Macon, Georgia (1897 Allen Road, 31216) and is a key member of the maintenance team. This position provides technical assistance and coordination for maintenance improvement efforts. Their focus is to guarantee asset uptime to assure the availability and durability of the equipment while achieving optimum costs. Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, the DCS Engineer works both independently as well as with the Maintenance Leaders, Maintenance Technicians, Planners, Stores Personnel, Production Teams, and Engineers.This is a permanent, full-time position.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering discipline (Electrical, Electrical Technology or Computer Science)
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience, experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office programs is required
- Analytical and detail oriented with a high level of commitment and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system is required, JD Edwards experience is a plus
- Previous experience in Pulp and Paper
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level Valmet/ Metso DNA programming
- Excellent process control knowledge
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Communicate across all levels of facility personnel to build collaboration and align the organization to prioritized reliability opportunities
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with Planners and Coordinators to advance maintenance workflow and highlight prioritized jobs requiring completion
- Key Competencies including candor/integrity, influencing & building partnerships, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, and customer focus
- Work with Maintenance and Site Management to develop and track DCS KPIs
- Work with Tissue Machine and Converting leaders in identifying Control and Electrical problems. Provide leadership to troubleshoot and resolve these problems. Assist E&I Technicians on short term problem solving when required.
- Work efficiently. May work on multiple DCS systems, simultaneous DCS projects.
- Work to improve and maintain change management system. Ensure that operation’s is using and adhering to the change management process
- Train E&I group in basic troubleshooting of DCS related issues
- Ensure that change management system and bypass log is staying compliant with insurance companies’ requirements
- Make sure that changes made are communicated and aligned with operations
- Develop and direct DCS controls group
- Drive continuous improvement within the DCS controls group and the organization
- Proficiently design, implement, and test a wide range of I/ O, basic control functions, interlocks, sequences, operator interface graphics, and other control system components
- Work jointly with engineering to facilitate consistency between DCS, PLC, Pi & ParcView systems
- Ensure networking with other Irving DCS engineers to ensure standardization of systems
- Develop and own business continuity and crisis management plans for DCS
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance effective 1st of month following start date
- 401K 100% match at 5% after 90 days of employment
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Employee & family assistance programs
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many women only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at
For further details, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Nov 24, 2022