Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff. Assists shift supervisor with administration of facility. Maintains custody and security of youth in Department of Juvenile Justice facility.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
- Completes administrative paperwork, preparation and maintenance of records, forms, and reports.
- Develops work and security procedures and enforces rules, regulations, and state laws necessary for control and management of juvenile residents.
- Inspects, inventories, maintains control of, key logs, tools and other equipment.
- Maintains order, discipline, and security, and oversees conduct and behavior of offenders to prevent disturbances and escapes and responds to emergencies.
- Provides support in training, selecting, and orienting subordinate correctional security staff.
- Reads and reviews offender information to identify issues that require special attention.
- May conduct hearings of disciplinary infractions. May handle and train canines for tracking, search and rescue, guard duty, detection of contraband.
High School diploma or GED AND P.O.S.T certification AND Eighteen months of experience required at the lower level Correctional Officer 2 (PSP061) or position equivalent.
For more information about our Juvenile Correctional Officer Positions please click here:
Military Salary Increase Incentive Amount:
- 2.5% for one year of active duty service
- 5% for two years of active duty service
- 7.5% for three years of active duty service
- 10% for 4 years of active duty service
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND P.O.S.T. certification AND Eighteen months of experience required at the lower level Correctional Officer 2 (PSP061) or position equivalent.