Network Administrator 3
Primary Location – Atlanta Mississippi
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking a Network Administrator 3 for our premier client in Atlanta Mississippi. This is a contract position in the information technology industry
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited university or equivalent education and experience, and
- At least 5 years of recent relevant IT Infrastructure administration experience, with a progression in responsibility.
- Experience with designing and restructuring of SANs with an emphasis on iSCSI storage platforms.:
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading and configuring applications within a Microsoft
- Knowledge, administration and design experience Windows Server, Exchange, MS SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, SCCM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- VCP certified
- Windows Server/MC certified.
- Results oriented approach with an eye toward getting the details right.
- Self-managed, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to administrate, design, and maintain open convergence through VMware vSphere.
- Deep knowledge of network standards and best practices.
- Configuration experience with switches/firewalls/network equipment.
- Familiarity with Cisco and Palo Alto a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and project and personnel management skills.
- A willingness to develop new technologies and curiosity to learn new ones.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Serve as an architect and subject matter expert as required regarding purchasing, project planning, and implementation efforts.
- Co-ordinate and manage agile short-term projects internal to the IT infrastructure team.
- Design, configure, test and maintain all facets of IT Infrastructure.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures and remediate identified problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations from an infrastructure perspective.
- This includes ensuring the RPO and RTO for all systems and applications are met.
- Proactively analyze system logs to identify potential issues.
- Establish and implement policies, strategies, procedures, and technologies to ensure all systems are current, secure and accurate.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to project management, business analysis and software development teams.
- As required, install and configure new hardware and software.
- Provide level 3 support, answer technical inquiries and assist users; troubleshoot, report and escalate
- problems as needed.
- Participate in documentation efforts pursuant to maintaining current copies of all system configurations.
- Maintain the integrity of all IT infrastructure; ensuring all are secure, reliable and operating properly.
- Recommend and implement changes to improve systems and network configurations.
- Participate in and provide accurate and relevant commentary as required within change authorization. This includes determining hardware and software requirements associated with any changes.
- Monitor performance of computer systems and networks in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made and determine where future changes will be required (includes security).
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for configuration changes, upgrades, repair and/or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network operations as well as maintenance, change and repair records.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Work within and aid in the formation and implementation of IT policy and procedures.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Provide guidance and learning sessions as required to junior members of the team.
- This includes periodic review of team members implementations in a peer-review setting.
- Provide materials for communication and training of end users for all modified and new systems.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com
V-Soft Consulting is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. What makes V-Soft different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
V-Soft is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India, Canada, and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. V-Soft has been recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America and is known for the ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner, and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
For more information or to view all our open jobs please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.