iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are hands on, diverse, nimble, and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
Iboss is looking for a Data Center Capacity Planning Lead to join our Cloud Services department. The primary role of Capacity Planning Lead is to focus on data center performance and capacity initiatives. This person will work cross-functionally to ensure optimal operations and growth of data center capacity and bandwidth resources. Comfort in a fast paced, dynamic business environment, excellent communication and analytic skills, and comfort with data are key to success in this role.
- Become an expert in what drives demand in iboss’s data centers and be able to generate a multi-variate forecast incorporating organic growth as well as feature deployments and architecture changes
- Build short-term and long-term demand & capacity models, scenario assessments, and plans for different Data Center regions and Public Cloud Regions to optimize capacity and costs
- Increase visibility into data center performance across all locations: Develop capacity insights and KPI's for global portfolio of data centers utilization and how changes to iboss products and company events impact power, performance, and asset utilization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Data Center Operations, Engineering, Finance, and other teams as necessary to drive consensus around Demand and Capacity requirements
- Review and analyze historical Bandwidth and Compute Growth trends, find patterns in data using statistical analysis, build time series forecasting models
- Partner with Finance to support budget, capital planning, and resource allocation (as needed)
- 10+ years of experience in capacity management, planning and forecasting
- 6+ years building and leading high functioning teams
- Good understanding of data center/network environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data from multiple sources and determine the impact on infrastructure capacity
- Hands on experience in creating Planning models in Google Sheets and/or MS Excel
- Reporting knowledge using System, Network & Application Monitoring tools
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- BA/BS degree in Business, Statistics, Engineering, Operations, or related discipline or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Health, Vision, Dental - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas