Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Support Supervisor directs and coordinates the daily job assignments of the Store Associates and the Sales Associate II to ensure smooth flow and availability of merchandise to the customer.
- Supervises and trains the Store Associates and may provide input regarding employee performance and disciplinary actions to insure efficient staffing of departments.
- Traces discrepancies between inventory and stock control records, takes corrective action as necessary and communicates with Inventory Control.
- Interacts with Warehouse and Purchasing Departments regarding shipments, store supply orders, special orders, and problem situations.
- Ensures proper inventory control via the internal software.
- Supervises the defective merchandise area or recycles to repair department if necessary. Comply with Red Book protocol and Store Manager directions relating to disposition of damaged product.
- Ensures percentage of broken merchandise is kept to a minimum through proper handling and shelf preparation.
- Evaluates the stockroom floor plan periodically and makes changes as needed.
- Coordinates transfer of merchandise to and from other branch stores.
- Answers questions on product usage, assists customers with carry-out of merchandise after purchase and provides outstanding customer service.
- Answers the telephone according to Lamps Plus protocol and follows the LP Arrow to insure outstanding customer service.
- Assures all merchandise retrieved from stockroom has all needed parts.
- Enforces company policies relative to Loss Prevention and Human Resources procedures.
- Informs management of any safety violations or equipment used incorrectly.
- May perform the semi-annual inspection of ladders using safety audit provided by Human Resources.
- Assists sales personnel in retrieving merchandise for customers.
- Provides customer service support to customers by following the 10’ Rule, assisting customers at the kiosk, ringing up transactions at the POS, and helping to process EEM transactions.
- Unloads trucks as necessary. Places back stock on the shelves to company standards using appropriate company ladders.
- Promotes safe work environment through adherence to Company safety standards.
- Educates trains and ensures proper use of ladders, knives, tools and dollies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager and may vary depending upon geographic location or operations of store.
- Prepares price tags for sales floor and tags merchandise accordingly.
- Performs other auxiliary duties for the maintenance of sales floor and displays.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the store at the direction of the Store Manager.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience, including background in display or stock/inventory control.
- Electrical knowledge helpful.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds, climb ladders, and do constant standing, bending and stooping.
- Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the Supervisor.
Lamps Plus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.