A Structural Analyst job in Lynn, MA is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and three to five years of experience in aerospace analysis and design. In this job your primary responsibility of this position is structural finite element analysis for air breathing propulsion, ground vehicle, orbital, and other aerospace components and systems. You will report to a Belcan Lynn FEA Group Leader as a key member of an integrated product team to design/develop, optimize, integrate, deliver, and transition engineering designs to production. Your primary office will be at the Belcan Lynn office, and you may be required to work in a cleared environment at a local customer site.
Finite Element Analyst job duties:
- Generate and maintain ownership of aerospace structural finite element models
- Perform plan, model, and results reviews, internally and with the customer
- Ensure that models are systematically checked and validated
- Perform analysis, evaluate results, and prepare formal reports of the findings
- Liaise with heat transfer, fluids, design engineering, drafting, and other teams
- Maintain strong communication with the internal project management and with the client
- Manage your own project work and oversee teams of junior analysts to achieve project success
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in aerospace system structural analysis
- Structural finite element analysis experience using Ansys, Nastran, Optistruct, or Lsdyna
- Proficiency in understanding technical drawings
- Capability to assess the quality and impact of design changes in the context of a larger system
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Ten or more years in the aerospace propulsion industry
- Existing Secret Clearance
- Experience with highly non-linear large deflection structural finite element structural analysis
- Experience in any of the following is highly preferred: Ansys, Nastran, Hypermesh/Optistruct, Patran, NX, Lsdyna, Femap
If you are interested in this Structural Analyst job in Lynn, MA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!