About Us:A Top 100 Firm, Brown Edwards provides assurance, tax and business advisory services to a diverse clientele. With a firm-wide staff of close to 400 professionals, our accounting firm is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Virginia / West Virginia / Tennessee region. We support individuals and businesses in a wide range of industries. Our success is directly attributable to an unyielding commitment to excellence in every aspect of our work.
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant who will support our Learning and Human Resources Teams. This role will serve the Director of Learning & Quality Enhancement, the Chief Human Resources Officer, and the Chief Operations Officer.
What Your Day Looks Like:
CPE and Compliance
- Works with Director of Learning and Quality Enhancement to maintain compliance with CPE policies and procedures.
- Maintains associate continuing education records and compliance reports, monitoring CPE deficits.
- Coordinates and schedules training events including contracting of trainers and facilities.
- Maintains intranet and Checkpoint calendars, updating for learning events.
- Coordinates attendance at outside training programs including registration and invoice payment.
- Ensures all educational and training activities/materials meets relevant organizational and statutory policies.
- Enrolls associates in appropriate continuing education courses as directed by AC's and/or Director of Training and Quality Enhancement
- Assists with compilation of attendance records supporting CPE credit and provides evaluation results to individuals in charge of the event.
- Researches requested state’s licensing requirements, works with state regulatory offices, and if necessary, the secretary of state’s office to complete necessary information for licensing.
- Administers Checkpoint Learning software program for maintaining accurate compliance reports for all professional staff.
- Supports the firm Quality Control Partner with reporting, research and compliance.
Human Resources Support
- Supports the Human Resources Department in the day to day operations.
- Helps coordinate meetings and periodic training sessions.
- Assist with HR projects and other duties as assigned (reporting, surveys, required mailings).
- Maintains and updates ACA tracking and Bucketlist accounts.
- Obtains proposals and orders firm-wide gifts and recruiting swag.
- Assist with coordinating college recruiting events.
- Assist Generalists with pre-hire and new hire functions as needed.
- Facilitates in the collection of Annual Independence Representation forms.
- Assist with periodic audits and regulatory reporting as needed.
- Collects and maintains employee records.
- Assist with monthly insurance reconciliations and monthly percenter agreement reporting.
- Reports workers compensation claims as needed.
- Maintains and updates the HR section of the Intranet.
What You Need for This Role:
- 5+ years of executive administrative experience in a professional services firm. Preferred experience will be in the accounting industry and/or a regulatory environment with exposure to compliance requirements and HR responsibilities.
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Office Suite experience with a specific focus on Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the firm – both with individuals and, at times, in front of a group.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality for the firm and staff.
- Ability to take on projects with little supervision and occasionally with strict time constraints.
- Exercise self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the external and internal customers.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Full benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA, and 401K retirement savings
- Competitive salary and annual evaluations with compensation adjustment opportunity
- Firm-wide Recognition and Rewards platform to support our culture of year-round positive feedback and communication
- Profit Share program
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- “Dress for Your Day” policy
- Participation in professional and civic organizations is encouraged through membership dues reimbursement. Brown Edwards is proud to be deeply involved in many charitable organizations that give back to our communities
Core Values Quality : Integrity : Professionalism : Enthusiasm : Innovation
EEOBrown Edwards provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.