- POSITION TITLE: Protestant Religious Education Coordinator (PREC)
- SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITES: The PREC shall serve as the primary coordinator, facilitator, and organizer of all Protestant RE events and elements. Additionally, the PREC will teach pre-approved curriculum for Sunday childrens church service(s) and PWC childrens RE programs when volunteer(s) have not been coordinated.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary Protestant RE Line-of-Sight Supervisor for all events with childcare volunteers; recruit volunteers to serve as Specified Volunteers.
- Maintain all volunteers identification badges who work with children and oversee proper display and use of childcare worker identification. Non-Specified Volunteers must sign in/out ID badges each time they volunteer.
- Serve as the Volunteer Supervisor for all RE volunteers. The PREC will write position description for all RE volunteer positions and submit to the LPC via the PCC.
- Submit facility requests to the PCC for all scheduled RE events on chapel property and de-conflicts RE scheduling/facility issues with the Facility Manager.
- Attend weekly chapel staff meeting to keep updated on the chapels operations and calendar, reports on ongoing assignments, projects, and weekly tasks, and shares feedback from Protestant RE volunteers. This staff meeting requirement can be waved, at the approval of the LPC.
- Attend Protestant Advisory Council (PAC) meetings as a non-voting member and brief the PAC on relevant RE issues.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, train, and supervise all Protestant RE volunteers
- Program and teach the childrens church programs at all WS(s) when available PWC volunteer support is incapable, unwilling, or unqualified to lead childrens church. A fully trained and properly vetted volunteer can teach childrens church instead of the PREC.
- Coordinate HC facility setup, equipment, and resources for all RE programs and events, ensuring facilities are opened before the program starts and fully secured and cleaned after the program ends.
- Develop and maintain electronic records.
- Recommend curriculum/programing for the next FYs Protestant RE cycle to the LPC by 15 July of the current year.
- Provide pre-approved curriculum/lesson plans to all scheduled RE volunteers at least one week in advance of the volunteer program execution.
- Coordinate and facilitate the annual Vacation Bible School (VBS) and other special RE events as requested by the LPC. The PREC will recruit volunteers, register children, and promote the event(s).
- Record attendance at all RE programs and events and report numbers on a weekly basis to the PCC.
- Assist the LPC or sponsoring chaplain by providing information necessary for reporting in the Air Force Chaplain Corps Activity Reporting System (AFCCARS) or similar contexts as requested.
- Publicize all Protestant RE events via CLT approved means.
- Plan the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Incorporate children and youth during holiday season for worship specials during WS(s) and special Protestant events ICW the Protestant Music Director and PCC.
- Comply with all Chapel Air Force Instructions and Chapel Operating Instructions, specifically those regarding facility usage, resource protection, fire protection, and funds utilization, and safety.
ladgov Corporation. headquartered in Williamsburg, VA, is a premier, woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services. We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.