H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while providing superior customer service. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Total Store Sanitation Representative, you'll maintain cleanliness and safety for an entire Store, inside and out, all while making our customers feel welcome.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We are looking for:
- initiative; willingness to do what needs to be done
- ability to work with customers and attend to their needs
What is the work?
Sanitation / Maintenance:
- Maintains the Store's cleanliness and safety with a sense of urgency and prioritization, including floors, windows, break rooms, and restrooms
- Maintains fulfillment of department hand wash sinks, such as paper towels, soap, sanitizer
- Cleans and picks up trash and debris from flower beds and yard around the Store
- Uses H-E-B chemical program and correctly organizes / maintains stock in maintenance room
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles throughout the store and each department
- Ensures food safety and sanitation standards are achieved by following SOPs
- Communicates maintenance needs, problems, or solutions to Store Leaders
- Works with / around customers; attends to their needs
- Assists customers in the location of product
- Performs all duties of Customer Service Assistant (CSA) when needed
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Company Orientation, In-store orientation, Basics of Safety, Annual Food Handler, basic HAZMAT / Chemical Safety certifications upon hire
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Total Store Sanitation Representative?
- Knowledge of OSHA Guidelines
- Sacking skills
- Ability to take initiative and do what needs to be done
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Customer service-oriented
- Constantly* walk, reach at waist, grasp, push / pull with arms
- Frequently bend
- Occasionally sit, stand, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, climb ladders, pivot, twist, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, ambient temperatures, loud noise and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 50 lbs
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as... Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.