The Service Lead is accountable for the effective operation, sustainability and optimization of all SAP services and applications within their domain.
This role requires advanced skills and knowledge, usually leading a team or being a highly skilled technical specialist leading complex projects.
Accountable for directing operations of a specified area, technology and/or end-user client group to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Responsible for cross-functional management of specified technology product(s) and/or solution(s). Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate technology strategies specific to area of responsibility. Works across functional areas to implement strategies and ensure offerings are defined to maximize profitability. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented. Contributes to the general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain Walgreens operations and competitiveness.
Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization
- Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Oversees and manages vendors, vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in IT, Engineering Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Experience leading an SAP application and service function
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- My require travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Knowledge of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
- At least 5 years’ experience of software development technologies and computing environments
- Experience leading/working in a team comprised of onshore and offshore resources
- Experience influencing stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives
- Experience with the technical design and development of solutions
- Experience working in a retail organization
- Knowledge of processes in relevant business areas (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Master Data etc.)
- ITIL Qualification / Experience
- Commercial and technical expertise including f working within an IT service area
- Knowledge of incident, problem management and change management tools
- Experience dealing with users and suppliers
- First-hand experience of a matrix management organization
- Experience leading an SAP application and service function in a large retail organization
1411 LAKE COOK RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05213-01056-2