The purpose of the role of the SAP Direct Procurement (MM) Lead Consultant will be to lead a team of functional consultants responsible for activities within project delivery and service delivery. The role is responsible for owning the finance SAP process area and working with the SAP CoE architects to define and develop the architecture of that process area. The role will then ensure that designs adhere to the strategic roadmap of the CoE. The process lead will have overall responsibility for design and estimating within their area. They will be expected to work closely with local IT teams and partners. The role will have responsibility for the resourcing of functional consultants within their process area.
Project delivery responsibilities will involve leading and supporting the Design Governance within their own SAP CoE Solution Areas, recommending, validating and approving designs to take forward to implementation and producing HLDs and DLDs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity. They will be expected to lead, evaluate and articulate recommendations for solutions that provide the best outcome for WBA and business units, drawing on expertise within their areas where necessary. They will also be expected to configure SAP modules in line with design requirements as well as peer review designs / configuration from other Functional Consultants in the SAP area. They are expected to ensure designs meet defined and common design standards and principles.
Service delivery responsibilities will involve accountability for the effective operation, sustainability and optimization of all SAP application services.
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT. Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations. Ensures resources are accurately allocated in line with tactical plans and appropriately accounted for at all times.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Reviews and approves any request prioritizations. Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 3 years of SAP Module experience, including MM, IM, WM, Ariba, stock to stores from warehouse and direct vendors, procurement from vendors to warehouse, forecasting, imports, integration with other SAP
- Experience of the design and development of SAP solutions within the Procure to Pay SAP process area.
- Experience providing design governance and validation of solutions proposed (including those proposed by partners).
- Experience ensuring that designs are produced to consider end-state for run.
- Experience driving SAP standard within designs and challenge where SAP standard is not proposed.
- Experience evaluating new technologies and working alongside SAP architects to introduce new processes, products and solutions.
- Experience of at least 2 SAP project lifecycles
- Experience leading and motivating a team, ensuring that the right capability and training plans are in place to meet the demands of SAP systems(s) (current and future).
- Experience leading an SAP application function
- Experience driving collaboration between service and delivery aligned team members.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
- Experience assessing business proposals, project scoping, feasibility analysis and cost estimation.
- Experience working in an out-sourced environment
- Experience developing and maintaining design and configuration standards.
- Experience of developing strong and sustained relationships with peers, senior stakeholders and partners.
- Experience with resource management and ensuring utilization targets within the team are met.
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives
- Knowledge of retail environments, including retail process
- Experience with IT retail environments
- ITIL experience or qualification
- At least 1 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
1411 LAKE COOK RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05213-01056-2