The United Express Fuel Lead is first and foremost responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a United Express Convenience Store, including all store operations both inside and outside the unit. This position will lead and direct the work of others to meet or exceed the sales, gross, labor and guest service levels as directed by supervision.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Responsible for proper ordering & stocking levels at United Express.
- Responsible for assisting in the interviewing, training, scheduling, performance and productivity of all United Express team members while utilizing effective labor management procedures. Will be expected to assist in performance evaluations were necessary.
- Responsible for merchandise ordering and shrink management.
- Coordinates with other department managers on ads, sales and other promotional merchandise.
- Maintains all displays and quantity purchases.
- Manages team members and delegates responsibilities as appropriate to motivate and instill excellence within the department in a positive manner.
- Coordinates cleanliness and maintenance needs, including equipment, fixtures, displays, floors, ceilings and décor.
- Responsible for the interior and exterior appearance of United Express, including front of store, pumps, sidewalks, behind the store, parking lot, etc.
- Responsible for controlling, safeguarding and monitoring all store assets and ensuring policies and procedures are implemented for control of assets.
- Performs other duties as requested or required by senior management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain all certifications necessary and required to handle and sell tobacco, alcohol, fuel, propane, and food service items.
- Ability to work at fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of stocking, including but not limited to bending, lifting, and standing, squatting, climbing, walking and at times running.
- The United Express Fuel Lead is required to work the schedule as written by supervision. This will involve multiple opening, closing and day shifts depending on the store needs.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.