Requisition Number: TELLE02605
Summary Processes financial transactions for customers, sells negotiable instruments, cross-sells Bank products and services and provides quality customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides quality customer service to customers and co-workers;
- Processes deposits, including large commercial deposits, night and mail deposits and loan payments;
- Verifies and ensures individual receiving cash from deposits are authorized on that account;
- Sells cashier checks and money orders;
- Transfers funds;
- Monitors cash for detection of counterfeit money;
- Verifies customer identity, endorsements and signatures and maintains alertness for forgeries, stop payments, fraudulent items and false identification;
- Buys and sells cash to maintain teller drawer at set monetary level;
- Buys and sells money to tellers and vault;
- Answers telephones;
- Balances cash drawer at end of day and balance vault as required;
- Orders money from the vault, as needed; and
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to type 30 wpm, 10-key by touch, general computer knowledge, and working knowledge of office equipment;
- Must be able to complete normal transactions with limited supervision;
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills;
- Must have word processing, spreadsheet and general computer knowledge;
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment;
- Must have the ability to handle large amounts of money without error;
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, communications and customer relation skills;
- Must have strong attention to detail and mental concentration for accurately performing tasks;
- Must be able to work as a team and independently as needed;
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Must be able to handle frequent interruptions; and
- Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Minimum of six (6) months cash handling experience and working in a business environment required;
- Banking experience preferred.