We are looking for a Software Engineer-Motion Control to join our client in Lowell, Ma on a direct hire basis.
The Software engineer should have experience in the design of motor controllers for its line of high efficiency brushless motor/generators for use in a variety of applications. The ideal candidate will have successful experience taking high power motor controller design projects from concept to manufacturing. Familiarity with a variety of software simulation tools is also desired.
- Develop motor control software design concepts in support of system requirements.
- Create technical documentation, i.e. concept documents, system functional and design specifications, technical specifications and test reports for all designs.
- Develop firmware/software for embedded processors and DSP based motor controller/power system to support required features.
- Implement motor control firmware based on sensor-less FOC principles. Understand and create control methods and algorithms for controlling Brushless motors and their systems.
- Expert knowledge of Sensor-less torque control and closed loop position control
- Experience with sensor based control desired
- Implement software based digital filtering for sensor monitoring
- Develop control models in Matlab/Simulink.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in design and implementation of control algorithms for power conversion circuits, active converters or motor control
- Experience with digital devices microprocessors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A/D and D/A converters.
- Experience with RS232, RS485, CAN bus, ModBus, USB interfaces, Ethernet and I2C interfaces as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Experience with a variety of sensors i.e. thermal, current, voltage etc.
- Experience in C/C++ and assembly language for microprocessors and DSPs
- Experience in using SW debugging tools, emulators
- Experience in design of SW architecture, user interfaces, and documentation for embedded controllers
- Experience with software build tools, version control and scripting languages
- Knowledge of MATLAB Simulink for controls development
- Must be organized and have methodical approach to problem solving.