Vantiv (now Worldpay) is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions around the clock. These features along with our ability to consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission - we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance they require.
We are seeking well-versed engineers and do not hire based on buzz word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. Our primary goal is to deliver business value early and often.
A comprehensive benefits package, competitive compensation, and free use of an in-office, state-of-the-art fitness center are just a few of the perks offered to Vantiv's employees. Submit your application at www.vantiv.com/careers, and explore all that Vantiv (now Worldpay) has to offer.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv (now Worldpay), it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze---especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Design, develop, and test software for scalability, reliability, and data recovery associated with a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test driven development to maximize productivity and quality
- Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers who are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply engineering expertise to develop new product features
- A "team focus" with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we are open to other Object-Oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving scalability, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Penchant toward self-motivation. These words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Development experience with a unit testing framework (JUnit and experience employing TDD preferred)
- Agile and pair programming experience a plus. A willingness to try is a requirement
- Linux/Unix experience a plus
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.