MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status
Glassing Process Engineer
Glassing Process Engineer responsible for sustaining existing processes and developing new processes in the wafer fab located in Lowell, MA.
Specific responsibilities include: Daily sustaining of the Glassing area to ensure all factory indicators are met, continuous improvement of the processes and procedures, and developing new processes for new products, product transfers, and new process capabilities for foundry operations. Sustaining and continuous improvement include, but are not limited to: quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity, and safety.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering with +5 years of experience with glassing and the related equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in compound semiconductor processes for high frequency applications.
- Familiarity with typical materials systems for compound semiconductor.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device physics and IC processing, data mining and statistics, SPC, DOE, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and structured problem solving.
- Must have a proven track record of solving technical problems, project ownership, meeting deadlines, and multitasking.
- Must display a strong sense of ownership, drive and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Must display an enthusiastic boldness for taking on aggressive goals and a commitment to achieving them.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to improve processes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including technical writing for summarizing data and findings, writing process and equipment specifications and work instructions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Due to ITAR restrictions, must be US citizen or Permanent Resident.