MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or veteran status or any other legally protected status
Diodes Device Engineer
In this critical role you will be responsible for developing and sustaining process and device technology for MACOM's internal semiconductor fab. Responsibilities include development of new process technologies, continuous improvement of existing processes, and sustaining existing device process technologies all in close partnership with Business Unit device design teams, Device R&D, and the Fab Process Engineering team. You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, engage and motivate engineering talent, define and set deliverables, plan resources, and achieve desired results. You will be expected to contribute technically, maintain an optimistic, can-do approach, and present status to executive level management. Excellent judgment, device physics, expertise in compound semiconductor processing and diode device fabrication, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will
- Possess a strong knowledge of device physics and device modeling tools.
- Possess an expert knowledge of compound semiconductor processing.
- Possess an expert knowledge of GaAs, AlGaAs, and Si Diode device design and fabrication.
- Have demonstrated success in program management including the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, anticipate bottlenecks, assign clear ownership, and manage a roadmap to schedule.
- Be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Remain industry informed, familiar with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- Enjoy finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Candidate will have a M.S. or PhD in Electrical, Chemical, Materials, or similar Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of compound semiconductor fab experience.
- US Citizenship required.
- This position reports to the VP Foundry Operations