Requisition Number: GLASS01625
Hiring day and night shifts $15 - $16/hour (with additional Profit Share Earnings*)
Starting responsibilities include: Glass handling from unload, slotting glass per customer order specifications, packaging glass. Further responsibilities include preparing glass for the furnace, furnace control, seaming, using laser logo.
- Essential Functions Statement(s)
is being packaged properly according to customer specifications.
- Sort glass according to paperwork specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications on paperwork.
- Reject defects, such as chips, burns, corroded or pitted surface with proper code.
- Properly package and close bungees, A-Frames, skids and I-racks. Sign off proper documentation to ensure glass
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these
- Properly seam glass with proper speed and efficiency as well as use Lock Out Tag Out during belt changes.
- Batch oven with correct lite orientation and fill load bed to best yield, communicate with oven operator for product
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections of work area.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure efficient production flow.
- Properly break out glass, minimizing breakout remakes.
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Select samples for testing.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Record inspection and test data, such as weights, temperatures, quantities.
- Analyze test data, making computations as necessary to furnace or batch to get the quality needed.
- Properly place glass into laser logo, based on long or short base.
Benefits: medical & dental with low monthly premiums, monthly profit sharing bonus, 401 (K) plan, Health Savings Account with company match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid life insurance, paid Holidays, vacation pay and safety shoe reimbursement program. The monthly profit sharing bonus could pay up to 52% of monthly earnings.
Cardinal is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED equivalent, basic computer and organizational skills, ability to read and follow instructions, ability to read a tape measure accurately, capable of lifting 15 lbs or more, dependable and team orientated. Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus, but not a requirement. We will train.
- Leadership: - Ability to work in team environment and at a sustained pace for productivity.
- Communication: - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word in English.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Action and Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to details in a fast paced environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: Preferred but not required.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs. or less C
11-20 lbs. C
21-50 lbs. C
51-100 lbs. F
Over 100 lbs. O
12 lbs. or less F
13-25 lbs. F
26-40 lbs. F
41-100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Steel Toed Boots, Safety Glasses, Arm
- Guards, Leather Apron, Ear Plugs
- Follow established safety policies