The successful Field Service Representative connects and disconnects electric and water services at the meter or curb stop; Investigates, identifies, reports and resolves meter-related problems such as stuck meters, damaged meters, and meter access problems, as well as repairs and maintains the City's porch light system while representing the City in a professional manner through the delivery of excellent customer service.
The salary range for this position is $22.41- $33.56 per hour with a hiring range of $22.41 - $27.98, depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: 11/22/19 at 4:30 P.M. M.S.T.
With over 300 days of sunshine, its proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park, its endless outdoor recreation options and a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene, Loveland has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S.. Featured by USA Today in 2017 as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America, the rest of the world is figuring out what we have known for quite some time… Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE! ~ Love What You Do, Land With Us!
Benefits Package Includes:
- Wellness Clinic
- Medical Leave
- Wellness Program
- City of Loveland University
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Records & completes daily connects and disconnects of water and electric service
- Performs porch light system repairs of fuse, photocell replacement and completes live circuit repairs on associated equipment.
- Investigates, identifies and resolves stuck electric and water meters.
- Promotes positive public relations by listening to and attempting to resolve customers complaints and, when necessary, referring the customers to the proper City department
- Investigates and replaces cut seals
- Investigates and reports electric service diversions
- Resolves electric and water meter access problems by trimming bushes and or branches
- Recommends changes that will improve customer service or overall division efficiency
- Locates, opens and reads hard to access water meter pits
- Performs water meter leak checks
- Maintains accurate inventory of necessary supplies
- Receives and completes work order from Utility Billing
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Records water and electric readings on special-read work orders.
- Assists in the upload and download of route information.
- Organize and assigns final reads, connects & disconnects, special reads and door hangers.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to safely complete work orders on or around energized electrical equipment with voltages ranging from 120-240 Volts.
- Knowledge and experience using many different types of electrical testing and troubleshooting equipment (Voltmeter, Ohmmeter, Ammeter and Load Generating Devices)
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, circuitry, practices, methods, equipment and tools.
- Familiarity with electrical PPE clothing and rubber goods. (testing and maintaining by ANSI standards)
- Knowledge of Confined Space Entry
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers with coworkers and general public
- Ability to explore solutions and resolve customer service concerns
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to recognize and report abnormal operating functions of meter equipment. Ability to accurately record numeric figures on a handheld computer.
Accountability, Collaboration, Service, courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity and Safety
Job specific competencies:
Community Relations, Reporting, Attention to Detail, Independence, Job Knowledge
Education and/or experience:
Four (4) years' experience in the electrical industry trade required. Experience in the Electric Metering field preferred. Experience in a water meter related field preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Must possess a valid driver license. Confined Space Entry Certification preferred
Materials and equipment directly used:
Telephone, vehicle, meter reading equipment and fuses, multi-meter, voltage tester, shock resistant tools, tools associated with minor meter repairs and meter turn-ons and turn-offs, etc.
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Work is generally performed outside and occasionally during inclement weather and requires entering and exiting a vehicle up to one hundred times a day. May be exposed to hazardous situations such as slippery and wet sidewalks, adverse weather conditions and potentially dangerous encounters with pets. Works around and with live electrical current while turning electric meters on and off and while repairing porch lights. Moderate physical activity required by resealing, pushing, pulling, moving and/or positioning objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and bending, stooping, kneeling and climbing. Ability and physical stamina to walk long distances on a daily basis and be able to move and position heavy manhole covers.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.