If you are a mission-driven, compassionate professional with a passion for helping adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities achieve their best life, we have a place on our team for you!
Experience all the benefits of working for a company that values their employees by providing a robust incentive and benefits package:
- Shift Differential and Weekend Differential pay
- Generous Paid Time Off, available upon completion of orientation
- Tuition Assistance up to $5,000 per year
- Top Tier Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance, Wellness, Perks and More!
Transportation Driver (Non CDL)
Community Homes Director
4407 Louise Underwood Way. Louisville, KY 40216
The Residential Department provides around the clock training, support, and supervision of residents in a multitude of settings including but not limited to home, day programming, work, and recreation. Staff in the department teaches a variety of skills related to day to day living such as home management, hygiene, leisure, and community living skills. All services are provided at the highest standard of professional practice, complying with standards by both federal and state regulations and facility policies.
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent
Under the supervision of a Maintenance Supervisor the employee will be responsible for
- Completes assigned trips while maintaining safety of passengers (wheelchair and ambulatory)
- Provides vehicle tie-down and lift training to employees as requested.
- Maintains documentation for trips as per facility procedure, to include but not limited to pre and post trip inspections.
- Assist in maintaining facility grounds, including picking up debris as assigned.
- Learn and follow all policies and procedures.
- Preforms preventative maintenance and completes PM documentation for assigned vehicles.
- Assists in snow removal as needed.
- Keeps assigned vehicles clean, with no loose items in passenger area.
- Provides assistance in various areas of the maintenance department at the request of maintenance supervisors.
This job typically operates in wide variety of facility locations with a constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to participate and demonstrate their knowledge of approved crisis management procedures. Refer to Essential Demands.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time: Schedule varies based on facility and client need. This position may be assigned to any of the Maintenance Department Shops.
This position requires constant travel.
While we welcome all to apply, there are some position specific background stipulations that must be met to comply with various regulatory and contractual requirements.
New Vista prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor based on sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.