Senior Android Engineer
THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Senior Developer Engineer works with the Technical Architect and Android Lead to define and enforce technical direction, thought leadership, hands-on development and innovation. pre- and post-sale customer experience. The Senior Developer Engineer works as a part of an Agile team of developers and codes based on the stories created for the team by the product owner. A successful candidate will be able to bring experience and skills to the Papa John's Mobile Apps team in support of the mobile applications; working and inspiring teammates, vendors, and partners in cross functional efforts; teaching, mentoring, and growing team members in the organization. You will collaborate with web and service engineering teams to ensure the quality and consistency of the end to end mobile applications and work with product and UX teams on feature ideation, including ideation workshops, requirements gathering sessions.
- Work hand-in-hand as a member of the development team to ensure that solution design and solution implementation align and evolve together, using an agile mindset
- Participate in collaborative team planning processes (estimating, prioritizing, etc.), and identify significant project milestones and risks
- Provides level 3 support to the Android and Mobile team by providing very clear troubleshooting information to the backend API teams.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering to create great mobile experiences for the food service industry
- Keep abreast of technology developments and mobility applications across industry verticals and appraise practice leadership of the same
- Design & Develop secure, scalable, efficient and fast native mobile applications
- Design common shared libraries and frameworks to support multiple native applications
- Plan, lead and guide mobile improvements and architecture that impact several applications across Android and Android platforms (phones and tablets)
- Work with key leaders and subject matter experts in our eDNA, Loyalty, and Product organizations to integrate and enable the latest data innovations and data quality algorithms.
- Represent Papa John's and make presentations at Meetups, User Groups, and Conferences
Top Three Skills:
- Android Development Lifecycle to include dev, build and release. These skills include standards, SDK integration, usage of APIs, Firebase reporting, metrics and ad aggregation metrics. Mobile app architecture is built to change. A secure architecture is built to support the evolving needs of a mobile app optimally.
- RXJava & KOTLIN -The Papa John's Android app is built using Java, RXJava and KOTLIN. The candidate will have to have solid experience including dynamic and variable based menus.
- Leadership - As Senior Developer on the Mobile Team, this position contributes to the dev efforts to ensure meeting of the product, marketing and technology. This position will review standards with peers and ensure our mobile technologies stay ahead of our competitors. This position takes responsibility of efforts and issue resolution, troubleshooting until resolved, annotation of root causes and reporting issues/resolution to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Information Systems
- 6+ years' experience designing and implementing business and consumer mobile products
- Significant experience developing and launching Android mobile applications using Java, Kotlin, RxJava, Dependency Injection, retrofit/okHttp, Unit test.
- Strong written and verbal communication and willingness to take ownership of problems till they are resolved
- Demonstrated experience writing systems design documents and agile stories
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills, including data visualization and diagramming
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience using Splunk, AppDynamics, UserReplay, and analytics tools to monitor and resolve app/API issues quickly.
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of architecture experience in a large-scale, complex IT environment (preferably an Enterprise Agile environment)
- Experience with cross-platform, portable libraries and SDKs
- Experience with Devops, Robolectric Testing, Android espresso a plus!
- A passion for excellent mobile user experiences
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
It is the policy of Papa Johns to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status or civil partnership, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, uniformed service (as defined by 10 U.S.C. 101 (a)(5)), protected disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by statute or law.