As a member of the Woodford Reserve Global Marketing Organization and Modern Media team, you will work closely with the Global Brand Manager, Modern Media Director, and Market Brand teams to effectively reach and communicate with Woodford Reserve's consumers in various channels. This role requires a blend of strategic thinking and hands-on specialized experience, with deep knowledge across channels, technology, data/analytics, and project/process management. At all times, you must be a brand ambassador and protect the long-term Global equity of Woodford Reserve. The role is global in nature and supports Woodford Reserve's business in key markets around the world, as well as the United States and Homeplace (Woodford Reserve Distillery).
All B-F Marketers are expected to be leaders in building “best in class“ brands, marketing programs and capabilities and to drive the Corporate, Brand and Marketing 150 strategies. For marketing, all managers need to superbly deliver against four key strategic goals; (1) Captivate the Consumer, (2) Innovate Across all Touchpoints, (3) Leverage and Strengthen the Portfolio, and (4) Make it Easy to Buy and Sell our Brands.
Provides Strategic Modern Media Leadership
- Collaborates with Global Brand Manager, Modern Media Director, and market brand teams to develop integrated media and communications strategy to achieve brand objectives, including planning, execution, and measurement.
- Collaborates with Global Brand Manager, Market Brand Managers and Modern Media Director to develop scope of work for relevant 3rd-party agency partners and oversees day-to-day implementation for USA+C media plan, partnering with agencies or internal resources as applicable.
- Leverages data/insights gathered in partnership with Consumer & Shopper Insights team, agencies, media efforts, and business analytics manager to gain a deeper understanding of consumer behavior, market landscape, business needs, and competition.
- Thought leader and lead point of contact for new media/technology opportunities that align with brand objectives and improve brand and commercial performance, including sharing recommendations with the team.
- Leads overall media / communications reporting and analytics, including concise presentation of meaningful success metrics and actionable next steps.
- Develops “test & learn“ approaches within Modern Media initiatives, with a focus on sharing actionable results for future campaigns and adoption by other teams/brands.
- Accountable for developing inbound and outbound consumer communication across all digital touch-points (email, social, website, etc.), including editorial strategy, social content calendar, and in-depth CRM email approach capitalizing on audience segmentation opportunities
- Leads internal & agency resources in the development of a library of content across all channels that supports global brand and market needs, creating repositories and processes that share information with local market partners.
- Main point of contact and strategic leader for all Homeplace Modern Media initiatives.
- Responsible for managing Modern Media Brand Specialist; includes leading strategy while assisting with development and implementation, as well as Specialist's career and skillset development.
- Leads development of e-premise/e-commerce brand strategy, in partnership with Global Brand Manager and Modern Media Director, including setting goals, evaluating opportunities, implementing initiatives, and (along with Homeplace Manager) developing DTC approach.
- Enables sharing of best practices between teams and markets, including media, creative, optimization, technology, and measurement.
- Acts as key contact for external media/technology partners.
- Accountable for execution of all media efforts (owned, earned and paid), working with internal teams and external agency partners to create efficiency and improve effectiveness using real-time data.
- Responsible for the development, improvement/maintenance, and measurement of all consumer- and trade-facing digital properties and tools: website, social channels, email, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, emerging technology, etc.
- Guides the consumer data collection process (including enhancing homeplace or other offline experiences) and DMP utilization.
- Manages the deployment of communications to the brand's database, employing Salesforce tools (e.g. segmentation, consumer journeys) to grow brand familiarity and loyalty.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining brand Modern Media toolkit, including storytelling content, tone of voice, persona, and target consumer.
- Accountable for digital processes and project management, including ensuring adherence to Legal, Responsibility, and Compliance guidelines for all brand communications activity.
- Manages development of content that supports all brand & partner needs, including media, social, partnerships, local, etc.
- Assists Modern Media Specialist with social community management & email response as needed.
- Participates in monthly budget reconciliation for media investment.
Provides Support to Global Markets
- Acts as lead point of contact for all digital and modern media related projects from global markets
- Consults with local marketing partners and agencies to develop support for localized programs (whether standalone or tie-ins to broader global initiatives)
- Leads execution of localized media plans, including amplifying and measuring local field initiatives (e.g. media, text-to-wins, sweeps, contests, partner messaging, etc.)
- Consults with markets to gain insights and feedback when developing global digital/modern media programs and platforms
- Attends global market collaboration calls, meetings, and summits as necessary
- Strategic Leadership
- Strong Communication / Listening Skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a matrix environment
- Demonstrating Desire for Continuous Improvement and Learning
- Demonstrating Creativity & Innovation
- Driving for Commercial Results
- Experience working on a Cross-Functional team
- Relationship and Influence Skills
- Global Perspective / Cultural Intelligence
- 3+ years of consumer marketing experience and/or cross-discipline digital experience
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for all things digital, media, and technology; comfortable forging new ground and influencing stakeholders to do things differently
- Experience planning, executing and optimizing consumer marketing communications through multiple channels, with a heavy emphasis on digital (website, social, email, etc.)
- Experience planning and managing paid media
- Ability to conduct data analysis from several sources that produces actionable insights
- Strong organizational skills; ability to lead multiple projects and manage project teams on an ongoing basis, in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; self-motivated
- Demonstrated leadership ability and management skills
- Experience managing agency partners (creative, media & developers), or within agencies
- Willingness to work flexible hours to collaborate with global stakeholders across many time zones
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing or similar major preferred)
- Experience within global marketing, public relations, and multicultural audiences
- In-depth experience with SEO, website management, graphic design, and website analytics
- Experience with traditional media channels in addition to digital (e.g. TV, OOH)
- Experience building marketing plans in highly regulated industry (healthcare, financial, etc.)
- Beverage Alcohol or Distilled Spirits Marketing Experience
- E-commerce and A/B testing experience
- MBA or other post-graduate Marketing/Communications degree
- Proficiency in additional languages
- A “can-do“ problem-solving attitude
Reports to: 1 - Global Brand Manager / 2 - Modern Media Director
Partners with: Market Brand Managers - B-F IT - B-F Agency Partners - Public Relations - Advocacy Team - Master Distiller
• Assistant Master Distiller - BF Distribution/Sales Partners - E-Premise Team - Legal
Salary Grade: 28
Location: Louisville, KY
- For this position, we are not able to offer a corporate relocation package. However, in some cases, there may be relocation assistance available.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00001200