Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an experienced Engineered Fire Alarm Sales Representative in the Louisville, KY area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you're up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don't provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you'll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
Engineered Fire Alarm Sales
- Determine customer needs & develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings
- Develop & maintain an active proposal log that will support achieving the designated sales plan
- Establish and maintain lasting contacts/relationships with electrical contractors, end users, and engineers.
- Prepare, follow-up and close client proposals
- Respond to customer needs in an enthusiastic and timely manner
- Qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing marketing strategies
- Customer service, communication, and education
- Assume account management responsibilities including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction
- Investigate and resolve customer issues in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters
- Work with Operations to ensure the timely completion of each job sold
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2 to 5 years working experience with a successful history of building sales and client business & relations.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, with 5 years working experience
- Associate degree from an accredited college with 2 years working experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred but not required
- Understanding of fire alarm systems, products, service, and design; knowledge of construction industry and familiarity with local and national fire codes are required
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Technical and/or Mechanical knowledge and abilities
- Background in Fire Alarm and/or Clean Agent Suppression Systems desired
- Must be willing to attend training sessions
- Must have or be able to obtain any required Certification
- Must be able to read diagrams, blueprints, and specifications
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Outlook, and the internet to obtain answers to industry related questions
- Experience in the bidding/negotiating process preferred
- Effective listening, questioning, and verbal/written communication skills
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology (NICET) Level II certification is desirable
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring“at“koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status. Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act. E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish. Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring“at“koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.