Requisition Number: APPRA03356
Stock Yards Bank & Trust Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ; SYBT), with company assets totaling over $4 billion. Founded in 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has evolved from a small bank serving the Louisville livestock industry to a nationally recognized bank known for exceptional service and financial performance. Our capabilities align well with those of national banks, but our focus has always been building a strong relationship with our customers while providing an engaging work environment for our employees. Stock Yards Bank & Trust employs over 625 people and has consistently received recognition for being one of the best places to work in Kentucky.
Since 1904, Stock Yards Bank & Trust has become one of the region's premier community banks - renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguishes us from other financial institutions in our market. Our bank actively seeks individuals to help us build trusted partnerships and further our success. We are pleased to announce there is an opportunity for you to advance your achievements as an Appraisal Reviewer while helping us further our success.
As the Appraisal Reviewer, your day will be filled with opportunities to review real estate appraisals and prepare evaluations. Real Estate appraisal experience, including commercial properties is required while Stock Yards will provide a professional environment to continually improve the candidate’s skills and to further his/her career goals for advancement to higher levels within the banking profession.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews real estate appraisals and prepare evaluations
- Performs collateral inspections.
- Reviews real estate transactions going to loan committee.
- Screens valuation request packages for completeness.
- Assigns valuations independent contractors and reviews or audits the completed valuation reports.
- Interact with SYB internal and external customers regarding needed information to complete valuation assignments, their costs and timing.
- Provide guidance to appraisers and analysis during the valuation process.
- Prepares valuations of real estate.
- Perform narrative appraisal reports of commercial properties
- Consult with bankers regarding financial feasibility, risk, loan structuring, LTV, LTC, DSCR, etc. Research and collect market data. Prepare quarterly reports on market conditions for each of the Bank's lending areas. Monitor supply, demand, value trends, absorption, demographics, employment, new companies, rents, vacancies, etc., for each major property type.
- Develop forms and tools to streamline processes and create efficiencies. Assist Credit Department, Trust Department, and other departments with obtaining quality market information, evaluations, appraisal reports, and reviews as appropriate.
- Obtain and review environmental reports and other independent reports as needed to support the lending group in risk evaluation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Assist in training bankers and staff on appraisal policy and procedures, valuation methodology, evaluations, risk factors, and appraisal review.
- Establish and adhere to consistent standards for contracting with independent appraisers including the submission of resumes, checking references, licenses, reviewing sample reports, insurance maintenance, etc.
- Prepare and update the bank on market statistics and guidance.
- Work with Lenders on appraisal requirements for regulatory and internal bank guidelines.
- Stay current with all appraisal standards, guidelines and regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or comparable experience specific to real estate appraisals
- 3 years of real estate appraisal experience required
- Experience appraising or reviewing commercial properties highly preferred
- Prior experience with RIMS system preferred
- Certified appraisal required
- Knowledge of the appraisal ordering and approval process
- Strong computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic real estate cash flow analysis skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical, decision making and effective problem solving skills