Maria Parham Franklin in Louisburg, NC has an opening for a LPN on Geriatric BH unit. The LPN as supervised and delegated by a registered nurse, provides direct patient care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
responsibilities include yet are not limited to:
- Appliesprofessional nursing principles, procedures and intervention to themultidisciplinary treatment experience
- Observesand records patients behaviors and interactions towards prescribed treatmentgoals
- Workscollegially with medical staff, licensed therapist and other assignedprofessionals in helping patients achieve their therapeutic goals
- Providespatient education and consultation with parents/care givers
- Participatesin patient assessment with RN and interprets patient's needs from admissionthrough discharge planning including periods of crisis and stabilization
- Administersprescribed medications and maintains medical records and clinical documentation
- Preparesindividualized treatment plans and documentation within the patient's record
Successful completion of the LPN diploma program or Associate's degree
Active North Carolina LPN license
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified through American Heart Association (AHA).
Prior experience in a mental health setting preferred