Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Audio Software Engineer to create and maintain our audio pipeline and systems. You'll work closely with sound designers, game development leads, and other software engineers in our studio to drive a great game audio experience for our players.
**Every day you could be**
* Working closely with sound designers and game designers to realize their vision for the audio-scape of Cryptic’s games.
* Evaluating, integrating, and utilizing top tier third party audio engines and add-ons for use in our existing and future games.
* Working on the latest generation of consoles, taking advantage of Xbox and PlayStation audio capabilities.
* Upgrading the music and voice-over workflows for the sound designers and game designers.
**What we need to see**
* A passion for working in the Audio space and a care for customer experience.
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
* A care for customer experience.
* A love for video games.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we'd like to see**
* Deep knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.).
* Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
* Experience with audio middleware, like FMOD or WWise.
* Experience with music and adaptive music systems.
* Passion for gaming / MMO games
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events