Provides assistance in the care of patients who are admitted under the services of their physicians with deficiencies and adnormalities associated with cardiopulmonary systems. Use medical gases, air and oxygen apparatus and assist in ventilatory control, chest physiotherapy and respiratory rehabilitation. This is done under the supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Medical Director Department Manager. The Respiratory Care Practitioner performs various treatments and follows approved policies of Memorial Hospital Los Banos. All of the duties must coincide within the guidelines as defined by the Respiratory Care Practice Act in the State of California.
Serving Merced County Westside area with 48 care beds, the facility is part of Memorial Hospitals Association and Sutter Health, a not-for-profit organization that exists to maintain and improve the health status of citizens in its geographic area. Memorial Hospital Los Banos provides and promotes effective inpatient and outpatient health care services including 24-hour Emergency Care, Rural Health Clinic, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Diagnostics Imaging, and Intensive Care Unit and Physical Therapy
- Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school for Respiratory Care (Joint Review Commission for Respiratory Therapy Education).
- Current and Valid Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) licensure from State of California (Respiratory Care Board of California).
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRTT) with National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS provider card.
- Obtains NRP certification within 6 months of the date of hire and maintain bianually.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel in and out of Merced County, “ If Memorial Hospital Los Banos and/or own vehicle used for business, must possess valid California Driver's License and upon request proof of liability insurance.
- Registered (RRT) or Registry-Eligible, with National Board of Respiratory Care
- Member in California Society for Respiratory Care, Inc (CSRC).
- Member in Respiratory Care, Inc. (AARC).
- Possess a current ACLS provider card and maintain bi-annually.
- Possess a current PALS provider card and maintain bi-annually.