Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
A VP of Real Estate who will lead our Real Estate team in creating and executing an ambitious strategy for property acquisitions and growth across the US and beyond. Our VP of Real Estate will nurture and grow a high-performing team, leading them to partner with the largest and most important companies in the industry, whilst personally closing the most strategic deals. The VP of Real Estate will be a member of the company's leadership team, and will play a key role in working with the CEO to develop overall company strategy and solving the most important challenges we face.
What you’ll do…
- Build relationships with major single and multi- family residential real estate developers, boutique hotel developers, owners and managers.
- Develop and maintain a network of national and international agents and broker partners to drive the supply pipeline.
- Work directly with the CEO and Head of Acquisitions to design and build our Real Estate team - including developing, training and managing a network of local agent/ broker partners to drive supply acquisition on a commission basis.
- Become fluent in local public policy, planning frameworks and short term rental regulations.
- Prospect, qualify, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities.
- Negotiate and structure deals by leveraging other headquarter resources including teams dedicated to market analysis underwriting and public policy stakeholders.
- Underwrite markets, source and close custom large development opportunities for AvantStay.
- Partner with leaders across the company to ensure that real estate is seamlessly integrated with other departments.
- Direct and implement real estate strategies that link to accomplishment of both top and bottom line corporate objectives, including working capital optimization.
- Build infrastructure to support operational scale of all sourcing activities in an efficient and compliant manner.
- Identify, plan and execute appropriate systems solutions that meet long term growth requirements.
- Define KPIs and equip internal teams to monitor and benchmark success to meet and exceed targets.
- Implement a comprehensive approach to developing and managing the physical environment at each of our facilities.
- Manage all property and capital assets ensuring that each property is properly maintained with a focus on providing financially self-sustainable solutions.
- Maximize the performance and value of real estate assets by developing and implementing aggressive negotiation strategies for leasing requirements.
- Manage the existing real estate portfolio including lease renewals and the optimization of operational costs.
- Analyze new site financials by preparing real estate pro formas for business review.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 8+ years experience in boutique hotel development, multifamily or single family residential real estate, at least 4+ years leading a team and managing people. A proven track record of growing multi-million dollar business units and building high-performing teams that consistently deliver and exceed goals.
- Deep knowledge of real estate, travel trends, hospitality, hotels, tourism and the short-term / vacation rental market.
- You have a powerful network. You can find your way to anyone in the city, particularly when it comes to real estate.
- Natural talent and energy: an innate desire to sell/acquire and passion for all things sales/acquisitions: speaking to people, building relationships, setting and exceeding targets, and a general hunger for more.
- Ability to spend part of your week on the road sourcing new properties, building partnerships and prospecting new markets.
- Strong capabilities in planning and executing sales strategies, you solve tough business problems, roll up your sleeves, and drive revenue no matter what. This excellence is supported by a high-level of proficiency in the systems and tools that support sales and operational efficiency.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to quickly negotiate, close and build strong relationships, both outside and within the organization, with a clear bias for action.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Salary: $180,000-$250,000 +
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.