Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance with excellent analysis skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Finance develops, implements, and evaluates agency programs in the areas of finance, accounting, financial planning and analysis, supply chain, treasury, revenue cycle and business management systems. The Vice President, Finance must have a mission-driven approach to financial strategy.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA and/or CMA certification required.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in managing high performance teams.
- Healthcare experience.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, cost management, governmental and foundation budgeting and invoicing, and revenue cycle.
- Familiarity with 3rd party reimbursement mechanisms.
- Experience with a variety of ERP and business systems.
- Experience with organization, systems development and training.
- Demonstrated effective mediation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in multi-faceted agency budget construction, financial model construction and related analytical reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate financial issues and concepts to both financially minded persons and all others within and external to PPLA.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others, set departmental and organizational goals, support and evaluate colleagues and reports, and maintain high morale and productivity.
- Demonstrated success managing revenue and maintaining effective systems of internal control.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside financial concerns such as banks, lending institutions and contributors.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with proven track record of executing key initiatives.
- A reputation for maintaining high personal standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong knowledge of ERP and business system applications.
- Passion for PPLA’s mission.
About the position:
- Planning, development, implementation, maintenance, expansion, monitoring and evaluation of department functions in accordance with PPLA policies, accepted practices and external requirements of funding entities, licensing and accrediting agencies, and both state and federal laws.
- Development of financial strategies to ensure that fiscal management is in compliance with accounting standards and government funding regulations.
- Ensure that effective internal controls and related policies and procedures are in place to facilitate accuracy, clarity and timeliness of reporting.
- Participates in strategic planning for PPLA with particular responsibility for all business management functions in partnership with the CEO, CFO and the Board of Directors.
- Evaluation, review and reporting of PPLA’s annual operating and capital budgets, as well as specific budgets for foundation and corporate grants and government contracts.
- Development, review, monitoring and evaluation of the fiscal impact of government grants on clinical services, as well as negotiation and revision of original contracts as appropriate to meet PPLA’s best fiscal interests.
- In collaboration with the IT Department, assure adequate internal information systems responsible for generating financial, client and billing data from general functions to expansion and modification as necessary for PPLA’s continued financial success.
- Engagement of external auditing consultants, and directing the necessary response(s) to said audits.
- “Hands-on”, creative problem-solving, including implementation of processes and procedures with appropriate follow-up.
- Oversees the management of cash transactions including receipts, deposits, loans and investments, cash management plan & provides ongoing recommendations based on market conditions.
- Oversees the closing of financial/accounting books on a monthly, quarterly and (annual) year-end basis.
- Oversees negotiation and performance of PPLA’s purchasing and vendor contracts.
- Oversees administration of purchasing policies and practices.
- Develops the agency operating and capital budgets, in collaboration with the CFO. Monitors budget and expenditures; establishes and revises internal policies; and assures all tasks and functions are of the highest quality, completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Evaluates and recommends changes needed to maintain efficient and updated ERP and business systems.
- In collaboration with the CFO, represents the agency in all financial dealings and relationships with the external parties, including but not limited to the accounting firm performing agency annual audit and auditors from funding sources.
- In collaboration with the CFO, works with the Board Treasurer and the Budget and Finance Committee to formulate financial policy; conducts periodic review of the financial status of the organization.
- Assures compliance with all reporting regulations of both governmental and private funding sources. Ensure regulatory and corporate compliance regarding all financial functions
- Assures best practice financial controls, as embodied in written Policies and Procedures and in actual practice, in accordance with high ethical standards for reporting, management, and billing practices.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required US federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes and all tax filings.
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.