- High school graduate or equivalent
- Entry level accepted; 1+ years' experience in acute care or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently. In depth knowledge of all insurance types. Must be comfortable with computers.
- Familiarity with word processing, Cerner, GE and scheduling software is preferred.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association card preferred.
The Support Coordinator will assist with all aspects of patient care. Coordinate clinic schedules, patient appointments and follow up. Answers patient phone calls, verify insurance benefits, prepare charts for clinic and prepare charge tickets for clinic visits if needed. Obtain authorization and coordinate diagnostic testing for patients as ordered by provider. Triage patient calls to licensed personnel when medical judgment or advise warranted. Responsible for front reception: arrival of patients, collection of required forms and signatures, collection and posting of over-counter monies, batch closure. He/She will assist the office with clerical duties. Other duties may include: assisting multidisciplinary team in managing the care of the patient's thru all phases by acting as a liaison between the clinic and referring physicians; assisting in managing follow-up care for patients by setting up follow up care appointments; and/or coordinating an organized and efficient case flow of clinic scheduling. Must work with any and every physician in the Clinic.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: