KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
Special Education Teacher Opportunity
- Provide individualized instruction and support to students with special needs
- Support general education teachers and administrators to implement appropriate strategies to meet the needs of students with IEPs
- Develop related goals and objectives and recommend policies, planning, and implementation by working with school staff to meet the needs of students with special needs.
- Manage compliance of accommodations and modifications for students with IEPs in the general education classroom and during Special Education service time
- Provide accommodated testing conditions for classroom and standardized testing and administer academic assessments
- Develop and implement appropriate behavior management techniques for students with special needs
- Ensure student achievement and progress towards IEP goals and complete progress reports in accordance with district guidelines
- Create and maintain Special Education documentation as required by federal, state, and district regulations
- Complete other duties/projects assigned by Director of Special Education
Special Education Teacher Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or basic skills equivalency required
- Possession of a valid preliminary or clear Education Specialist credential with Autism Authorization preferred
- 2 years of lead teaching experience in Special Education preferred
Special Education Teacher Perks
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.