Senior Medical Assistant
Clinica Medica General(CMG), a Nexus HR Company
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead Medical Assistant works under the Clinical Services and Quality Improvement Director to assist with maintaining efficient patient flow and quality care during clinic hours. They are responsible for supervisory duties for medical assistant staff within their department. This position will train new staff in their department.
- Greets and triages patients to the exam room within 15 minutes of arrival, if feasible.
- Trains, mentors and assists staff with their patient responsibilities and concerns.
- De-escalates internal and external conflict as needed.
- Together with the supervisor, oversees the inventory and vaccinations process.
- Takes accurate vitals and enters data into electronic health records including but not limited to vital signs, chief complaint, past medical history, labs, and pharmacy. Information is added to the patients chart within 24 hours of receipt.
- Inform the provider when the patient is ready to be seen.
- Clean patient rooms in between appointments.
- Initiate Prior Authorizations for medications within 48 hours of receiving the PA.
- Prescription refills request completed within 48 hours of receiving.
- All scanning must be attached in the patient chart within 72 hours.
- Documentation: Any interaction that pertains to the patient needs to be documented in the appreciated EMR system within 24 hours from the time of appointment.
- Responsible for blood draws.
- Collection of urine specimens.
- Perform UDS drug screening and communicate results to the governing body within 24 hours.
- Administering vaccines and injections.
- Assist provider with procedures.
- Biohazard trash is disposed of daily.
- Medical rooms are to be checked daily to ensure all appropriate inventories are stocked.
- Call laboratories at the end of day for specimen pick up. Document confirmation code.
- At least 1 year experience as supervisor in the healthcare industry
- At least 3 years of experience as a medical assistant
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Familiar with California regulatory provisions for medical facilities.
- Familiarity with EHR/EMR software is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the ethics of confidentiality
- Having a customer service background is highly desirable
- Able to work in Los Angeles, CA or in El Monte, CA
- Preferably speak Spanish