About the Role
This role will be a critical team member to help lead and execute client engagements. This role also carries business development responsibilities in addition to client work.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients' success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
About Business Transformation:
With a global team of over 600 professionals, our Business Transformation practice provides our clients holistic and seamless solutions across the value chain — supporting transactions, driving revenue growth, driving down operating and supply chain costs, optimizing people and transforming finance and processes.
At FTI, we lead with our industry expertise, working side-by-side with management, boards of directors and investors to help align business activities to a critical few priorities, striking a balance between short-term and long-term goals.
Being a public corporation and consulting firm, we are free from audit-based conflicts and restrictions, allowing us to provide a full suite of services to our clients.
About The Opportunity
A Senior Consultant is responsible for managing, processing, and analyzing information to develop solutions for external clients. In addition, the position requires the development of written reports explaining the procedures employed. An individual that succeeds in the position will be able to work independently and to take initiative in solving problems that are faced on a day-to-day basis, continually striving to ensure quality output that can withstand the scrutiny of litigation.
What You'll Do
- Supporting the Senior Managing Directors (SMD) and Managing Directors (MD) in continuing to build and grow the practice. Developing knowledge management, including tools, methodologies, reports, models, work plans, checklists and processes
- Performing high quality client work and developing client relationships for CFO advisory service assignments, including taking a proactive approach and anticipating client needs
- Assisting with practice development and marketing, including developing materials, surveys, events and case studies
- Leading engagement work streams and projects with limited oversight
- Providing independent perspective with respect to financial organizations, processes, technology and people
- Participating in the writing of thought leadership pieces relevant to CFOs and the OCFO practice
- Willingness to travel as necessary – up to 80%
How You'll Grow
We are committed to providing new employees with a clear plan for growth and development. From the very start and throughout your career, we promote continuous learning and individual skill development to help you help us respond to rapidly changing and complex market needs.
For us, it is an important investment because it is your talents and skills that distinguish us from our competitors. Helping you realize your potential and feel fulfilled in your work is the best way to ensure success — for you.
- Undergraduate or Masters' degree in a Business related major or Economics.
- 3+ years of experience in financial consulting and advisory, in a Corporate rotational program focused on developing financial leaders, or in execution or leadership roles in an industry finance, accounting or FP&A function
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and strong ability to develop financial models with minimal oversight
- Ability to clearly articulate past experiences and relate to them to current issues facing clients in the marketplace
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) certification or MBA is preferred but not required
- Experience with business intelligence or data analytics tools is preferred but not required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Ability to travel up to 80%
Qualified candidates will view themselves as having superior leadership and technical skills, excellent project management and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and drive to help FTI service its clients.
- Results Orientation: Strong track record of delivery with strong reputation as a reliable consultant with a CFO advisory background, and an ability to meet clients' needs with great attention to detail.
- Strategic Orientation: Candidates must have highly developed business acumen as their primary orientation and be readily able to engage in broader business issues.
- Communication Focused: Ability to quickly synthesize complex financial and operational concepts and issues and translate those to clear and actionable recommendations and insights for clients and peers both inside and outside the finance organization.
- Influencing and Partnering: A change agent who is able to point to a strong track record of delivery in organizations where they led similarly business advisory engagement teams and has an engaging, energizing and collaborative personal style.
- Personal Motivation: An ambitious and entrepreneurial character that thrives in fast-paced environments and has a hands-on attitude with an ability to transform ideas into reality through execution.
- Ability to develop creative approaches and the solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations. Very action focused, flexible and responsive.
- Experience in data analytics and using data to provide fact-based recommendations and insights.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and strong influencing skills.
- Positive role model who will serve as a trainer, teacher and coach to junior team members.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt