Senior Job Captain
MVE + Partners designs influential and award-winning projects throughout the world. Our practice is diverse with an eclectic portfolio of successful architecture, planning, and interior design assignments. Our team comprises a talented group of individuals, equally entranced by art, fashion, technology, business, education, sports, food, and above all – design.
Under general direction of the Principal and/or Project Manager/Lead, the Senior Job Captain position is primarily responsible for preparing a complete and accurate set of architectural documents, coordinating engineering contract documents and project manuals, and collaborating with / directing the Production Team in all aspects of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Direct Production Team, assign tasks, and allocate resources; facilitate communication among the staff regarding project status, objectives, and performance, and address any project issues
· Interface with clients as directed throughout each project and manage relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
· Prepare, review, and check all construction documents for accuracy; coordinate documents with internal team members and external consultants
· Lead field survey teams as needed for development and documentation of as-built conditions
· Maintain, organize, and archive project files during and at the close of a project
· Demonstrate and utilize working knowledge of lighting, HVAC, structural, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical design as well as of relevant codes, including CBC and ADA
· Coordinate the submission of documents to the building department and support construction administration (RFIs, shop drawings, submittals, etc.)
· Maintain an awareness and understanding of project schedules
· Exude a collaborative and positive attitude in working with the Production Team and foster an atmosphere for learning and professional growth
· Assist with other duties as necessary (i.e. site visits, as-builts, code research, etc.)
· Maintain MVE + Partners standards of performance and policies at all times
· Extensive knowledge of Architectural detailing and construction standards
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
· 10+ years of experience in a professional office setting including broad experience in various project types and phases
· Licensed Architect in California per
· Advanced skills in operating Revit, CADD, and Microsoft Office
· Strong listening, oral/verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills required
· Strong skills in reading comprehension to understand the content in work-related documents
· Skills in applying industry standards and graphic conventions data to the organization and arrangement of information (i.e. plans, elevations, sections, etc.) to formulate a unified presentation
· Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to brainstorm and formulate alternatives
· Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given action to evaluate potential outcomes and implement solutions
· Skill in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
To Be Considered for This Position:
Use the link to apply - a cover letter, resume and portfolio are required. Can be attached separately. No portfolio links are accepted.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those candidates whom most closely match our requirements.
For additional career opportunities, please visit our Careers page at the following link: https://www.mve-architects.com/careers/#featured-articles