You’ll play a key role in developing media strategy and media plans and make insightful recommendations consistent with the approved strategy. You’ll manage daily tasks for stewarding approved plans and train Associates in media fundamentals, policies/procedures, and computer systems.
· Partnering with Manager in the development of communication plan options and recommendations
· Gathering and analyzing data to provide sound strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
· Delivering POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
· Ensuring proper execution of communication plans:
· Maintaining accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and proactively, consistently update Manager and (if appropriate) client contact(s)
· Monitoring buys/schedules
· Preparing media authorizations per approved plans/project requests
· Acting with high integrity to maintain strong, collaborative, productive working relationships across all internal and external teams and partners
· Providing timely and accurate delivery of all work
· Training and developing Associate(s), as well as reviewing their work for accuracy
· Completing required training program(s)
· Demonstrating a desire to create improvement and better outcomes through innovation / approaching things in new ways
· Thinking of new solutions to your work / client challenges
· Contributing to an environment where ‘Innovation as usual’ thrives in everyday work
· At least 1+ year of related media planning/communications planning experience
· Strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals (reach/frequency)
· Proficiency with systems/tools
· Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
· Demonstrate strategic thinking and effective problem-solving skills
· Ability to work within a team, handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
· Strongly business-minded, extremely detail-oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate ambition by keeping abreast of industry trends through trade news, industry workshops / seminars and tracking current events
· Foster inspiration through appropriate participation in team, agency, and industry initiatives
· Digitally savvy, with specific proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping
consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world’s most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it’s not easy, but if it’s in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
· deep knowledge we have of our clients’ business
· confidence to challenge what’s gone before
· the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com, Twitter and LinkedIn.
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.