Senior Associate Director, MBA Admissions
USC Marshall School of Business
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to development of recruiting strategies and marketing plans (including pipeline-building, outreach, events, and marketing). Research market trends and opportunities, and analyze data directly related to managing the incoming class profile.
- Maintain knowledge of degree programs of competitive institutions of higher education. Stay abreast of new schools and new programs and their competitive advantages or disadvantages.
- Coordinate efforts with other externally-facing functions throughout Marshall to leverage contacts in order to identify high-quality prospective students and recruiting opportunities.
- Represent the Marshall School of Business at recruiting events worldwide.
- Review applicant files, interview candidates, and recommend admission decisions.
- Utilize the online application system and other databases.
- Coordinate and participate in initiatives designed to ensure competitive levels of diversity in the incoming class (women, underrepresented minority, LGBTQ…).
- Coordinate yield events, including managing the participation of staff from other Marshall departments, and the inclusion of external partners such as alumni.
- Develop and deliver presentations for live and virtual information sessions. Research technology platforms for delivery of virtual presentations and communique. Assist in solution implementation that align with deliverables.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party recruiting partners, including diversity groups and school groups in which we have membership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students, alumni, students and staff to optimize communications and create opportunities for Admissions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in a higher education environment, preferably in the area of admissions/recruiting.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, develop relationships with, and influence senior-level executives, alumni and prospective MBA students.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, service-oriented operation.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel are required.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) for recruiting events such as information sessions or fairs. Trips may span multiple weeks.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
Required Documents and Additional Information
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country's top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial aid programs
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: