WP&A is currently seeking a Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Accounting Team. This individual will ensure the timely collection of the transaction in our accounting records as well as managing deductions. This role requires the ability to correspond with the regional sales manager and other departments and teams throughout the company. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, is a solution provider, is organized, demonstrates acute attention to detail, is analytical and will provide outstanding customer service on the phone and through written correspondence.
Here's what you'll
- Make daily collection calls
- Monitor customer account details for non-payment, delayed payment and other irregularities.
- Send statements and invoice copies to outstanding customers
- Process daily chargebacks, identify, validate, dispute
- Minimize chargeback by communicating the proper compliance procedures to the respective departments
- Work with the sales and trade management to coordinate and resolve client issues.
- Compile back up documentation for validation/disputes
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments
- Weekly/Monthly reporting of chargebacks status to upper management
- Assist with month end reports/reconciliation
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts (ACH, wire, credit card, checks) using online bank access
- Process credit cards
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare weekly aging reports and corresponding supporting documents.
- Reconcile accounts weekly and monthly and investigate and resolve customer queries or discrepancies in receipts v. invoicing as need.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Communicate with the clients regarding invoicing issues and outstanding payments via phone and/or e-mail.
- Assist department managers and other members of the department with ad hoc requests & special projects.
- Analyze aged receivable documents and propose appropriate activity for bad debt write off.
- Assist with audit requests as it relates to AR.
Here's what you'll bring to the
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field and 5+ years of accounts receivable experience or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Reconcile A/R to G/L
- 5+ years of experience with chargeback research and reconciliation
- Intermediate mathematical and logical deduction skills
- Collaborates with sales and trade management teams to ensure timely resolution of deductions to classify as valid or invalid.
- Facilitate preparation and presentation of AR account reconciliations to identify and resolve complex customer account issues including short-pay, credits, unapplied payments and system issues. Escalate issues to AR Manager, Sales or IT as needed while working closely with customer and internal partners.
- Manages key and complex customer accounts and performs day to day financial transactions verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create and edit spreadsheets and use pivot tables. The ability to use macros preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced 10 key skills
- Strong knowledge of vendor compliance and routing guides
- Strong knowledge of vendor management service portals and internet search engines.
- Possess strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read, write, type and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business units, customers and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, and execute problem solving measures as required.
- Ability to generate ad hoc reports from Apex, Oracle and Demantra as required.
- Trains, assists and able to mentor other members of the team while complying with credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage workload to meet deadlines. This includes the ability to be flexible with ad hoc requests and month end and year end close.
- Positive and professional attitude is key.
- Fluent in the English Language and have strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate mathematical and logical deduction skills
- Correspond with payment processers and customers both in writing and by telephone as necessary to resolve disputed claims.
- Microsoft Office, intermediate to advanced Excel skills -- v-lookup and pivot tables and macros. Knowledge of Oracle and Demantra is preferable.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience with both accounts receivable, collections and chargeback research and reconciliation
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Sense of urgency
- Flexibility to process modification
- Flexibility, courage and confidence are key.
- Ability to operate independently AND as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment, including managing multiple projects, meeting concurrent deadlines, managing time and priorities.
Here's what we'll bring to the
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is the world's largest vertically integrated pistachio and almond grower and processor. Located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds owns, cultivates and harvests more than 65,000 acres of pistachio and almond orchards and ships more than 350 million pounds of nuts globally each year. Our world-class operation supplies both industrial and retail customers, offering high-quality, consistent supply and adherence to rigorous food safety standards. Our nuts can be found in stores nationwide under the flagship retail brands of Wonderful® Pistachios and Wonderful® Almonds. Our iconic Get Crackin'® campaign has inspired consumers to make healthy choices.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios America's fastest-growing snack brand. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful® into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI® Water is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in America. JUSTIN® Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.