Security Officer #255959
Position: Security Officer #255959
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Compensation: $18.00-$23.75 per hour, plus $0.75 per hour Shift Differential Premium for hours worked on weekends, $1.00 per hour for hours worked between 2pm-10pm and $1.75 per hour for hours worked between 10pm-6am
Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday 2:00pm-10:00pm
Status: 100%, Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Union
Probation: 90 days
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision; also including Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and a 403(b) Retirement Plan
Building a world where LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Facilities Department is a team of employees responsible for the safety, security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the Centers’ ten locations throughout the Los Angeles area. These facilities cover a wide variety of uses including medical facilities, residential facilities, community rooms, theatres, offices, industrial kitchens, and a coffee shop. The Facilities Department is a great team with hardworking people who enjoy maintaining a wonderful atmosphere for clients and staff who are looking for a community to belong to.
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Officer maintains a safe and secure environment on Center premises. The Security Officer is relied upon for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, staff, clients, volunteers, visitors, and other people and property on Center grounds.
1) Ensure that the grounds and facilities are safe and secure;
2) Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues, law enforcement, other security partners, staff and volunteers;
3) Patrol the buildings, grounds and parking lot at regular intervals examining area of operation to determine that they are secure, including clearing spaces after closing, checking and locking all doors, turning off of fans, lights, and all-day use equipment, and setting/responding to alarms;
4) Conduct access control responsibilities ensuring proper screening procedures are being utilized including, but not limited to, hand-held wanding and metal detection of clients entering the facility to prevent inappropriate articles such as weapons on premises;
5) Approaches unauthorized persons for questioning, routes them and/or communicates with supervisors and/or law enforcement for assistance according to circumstances;
6) Answers visitor’s questions concerning locations of various offices, rooms, and other areas;
7) Escorts unruly people off the property and calls for police assistance when needed and appropriate;
8) Monitors security systems, CCTV, panic buttons and fire alarm systems;
9) Conducts oneself in a manner becoming of a security officer including, but not limited to, customer-centric approach, appropriate uniform standards, and completion of duties;
10) Responds to emergent and non-emergent events and assists Center staff with persons who are acting out;
11) Observes and reports situations within area of operation including completing daily shift change, incident reports or other paperwork, as directed, reporting all security activity, as well as passing on and reading previous entries, emails and memos;
12) Assists and maintains order and control in the area of operation and takes appropriate action in connection with rule infractions or other disturbances;
13) Other duties as assigned;
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Knowledge of or experience working with the LGBTQ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ people;
2) A passion for the Center’s work and its mission to make the world a better place for LGBTQ people;
3) Current State of California Guard Card, required;
4) Minimum 1 year of work experience as a security officer in similar work environment as the Center;
5) Demonstrated ability to deal with people who are acting out in a firm and non-antagonizing manner;
6) Basic knowledge of Office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
7) Availability to work a rotating shift and weekends as scheduled;
8) Current CPR Certificate, preferred;
9) Must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of the LGBTQIA+ community, and people experiencing homelessness;
10) Bilingual skills, a plus (English/Spanish fluency preferred);
11) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expression, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
The Center has implemented a policy requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. For more information, please contact email@example.com