KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
After School Instructor Opportunity
- If you are interested in this opportunity you must be okay with instructing students online as well as in person
- Provide academic assistance and enrichment programming to students
- Lead one subject, choosing from recreational sports, multimedia, art, dance/cheer, visual/performing arts/theater, robotics, yearbook, and school newspaper
- Provide academic assistance, intervention support, and recreational programming within small student groups and class settings
- Maintain daily attendance records and supervise assigned students to ensure that they are safe and the program operates in an organized and effective manner
- Ensure timely completion and submission of all relevant data including early release forms, evaluations from students, and progress data as requested
- This is a part-time, non-exempt opportunity
After School Instructor Qualifications
- Minimum education requirement High School diploma (KIPP assessment required prior to interview)
- AA degree or at least two years of coursework at a four-year college preferred
- Prior experience working with groups of elementary or middle school students in an academic or recreational setting strongly preferred
- Ability to lead groups of students in activities while placing a high priority on safety
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, parents, and students
After School Instructor Perks
- Compensation starting at $15.00 per hour
- Commit to a regular part-time shift during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Schedule: Monday 12:30 to 6 pm; Tuesday-Friday 2:30 to 6 pm
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.