Safety Manager Transportation
Los Angeles, CA
- Assist in the management of safety, security, and quality programs policies and initiatives at the station level for all shuttle transportation operations
- Responsible for Managing the Safety of Shuttle Drivers at a 24-hour airside operation at Los Angeles World Airport
- Responsible for ensuring improvements in safety, security, quality, productivity, client relationships, and customer service are correctly implemented.
- May be required to help train employees in safety, security, quality, and job specific (as required by station) policies and procedures in all Lines of Service
- Maintains a culture of compliance with all safety, security, and quality procedures established by the Company, clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Ensures continuous improvement of safety, security, and quality results by identifying, analyzing, and developing proactive solutions to challenges.
- Organizes, leads, and attends meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attends employee briefings and effectively communicates safety and quality initiatives.
- Trains new and existing employees in safety, security, quality, and job specific policies and procedures.
- Conducts Company vehicle driver training.
- Conducts daily on-site, Safety and Quality Assurance inspections.
- Conducts and documents monthly facility hazard, fire extinguisher, and eye wash station inspections.
- Ensures compliance in the areas of post-accident testing and motor vehicle record checks.
- Ensures that any injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations are documented, reported, and processed appropriately.
- Responds to injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations 24/7/365.
- Collaborates with local senior leadership for the investigation of injuries, incidents, accidents, and/or irregular operations.
- Maintain records related to safety, security, and quality as required including but not limited to database data entry, accident/incident reports, OSHA logs, environmental spills/releases, observations, inspections, audits, etc.
- Inspires and motivates employees while developing the leadership skills of direct reports.
- Communicates effectively, maintains a positive approach to problem solving, and collaborates with stakeholders to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Provides management reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information, and making recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.