Charlie's Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Full Time Exempt- Reports to the Sales Manager
This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of produce sales to insure satisfactory sales and profits for the company. Addressing the needs and insuring the satisfaction of our customers. This includes assigned customers, as well as, the accounts of other company salespersons.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Pursuing New Accounts
- Call on existing customers
- Phone sales
- Pricing strategies /develop pricing /order guides
- Meet company sales and profit objectives
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of all markets and growing conditions.
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions.
- Assist in departmental resets and grand openings when called upon.
- Attend all sales meetings and appointments, (be on time, punctual).
- Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
- Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos, responsibility forms and other job related paperwork within the set time lines.
- Walk warehouse-checking product at least twice a day.
Charlie's Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Must have thorough knowledge and expertise of produce commodities and be capable of providing expert consulting to current and potential customers.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills.
- Must be quick and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Must have PC skills.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
- Must have proven problem-solving skills.
- Must be skilled in time management and be capable of meeting work schedule deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills.
- Prefer both retail and wholesale produce experience.
- Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
- Good driving record and required insurance.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a Drug Free Workplace