Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
A Real Estate Analyst who will support our Real Estate and Acquisitions teams in building and managing our real estate pipelines by performing deep quantitative and qualitative analyses; coordinating asset valuations and supporting transactions from inception to close. This Analyst is a total modeling rock star with deep knowledge and love of real estate.
What you’ll do…
- Analyze new acquisitions / development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures.
- Review and extract information from broker marketing books and third-party research.
- Assist in analyzing potential investments including market analysis and financial analysis using excel software.
- Perform acquisition due diligence including the review of leases, financial conditions, historical property operating results, financial assumptions and other information.
- Complete accurate and thorough worksheets, reports, briefs, and proposals within agreed upon time-frames.
- Assist with the analysis and preparation of investor reporting for quarterly reports and annual meeting materials.
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas, LOI’s.
- Assist in sourcing new acquisition opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with our local developers, investors, brokers and other real estate professionals.
- Perform analysis and run financial models to support decision-making regarding the profitability and capital structure of properties and funds during the asset’s holding period.
- Perform accurate and complete net present value analysis for properties within the portfolio within established time-frames.
- Thoroughly analyze the impact of lease transactions to property value and yield within established time-frames.
- Accurately and completely update property valuations and investment strategies as required within established time-frames.
- Develop and produce accurate and complete required reporting to lenders, partners, and senior management within established time-frames.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete transition-related tasks including but not limited to developing budgets, reviewing leases, reviewing offering memorandum, responding to lenders to resolve underwriting questions, reviewing loan documents, and running models to show budget implications within established time-frames.
- Assist in the review of the annual operating budget to confirm consistency with property strategies.
What you’ll bring…
- 2 + years in Real Estate evaluation or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Finance, Real Estate).
- Deep knowledge of real estate valuation and financial modelling, travel trends, hospitality, hotels, tourism and the short-term / vacation rental market.
- Natural talent and energy: a passion for all things real estate, an agility and ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous situations, and a general hunger for more.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of assets using financial modelling techniques. Demonstrated ability to effectively define and resolve problems that balance multiple needs and interests.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas, instructions and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Salary: $80,000-120,000
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.